Undecided!!!

Excuse the rant. I called cabelas last night, literally got a half hour run around on the phone, only to find they have misadvertised the pricing of their vanguards by $70, and do not carry one in the chambering I seek. After inquiring about the RAR and the Savage, I was promptly hung up on at 6:30 pm on a Thursday. Suffice it to say that in this instance, I am going cold turkey and quitting the big business monster known as Cabelas. Quantity of sales has eclipsed quality of customer service.

On a lighter note, my LGS says they're getting many of the RAR in next Wednesday! Unfortunately, Ruger I've just learned will only be pushing the .270 and 30-06 chamberings to start. .308 and other to follow. ****.

That's a shame. I would call Cabela's and get a manager on the phone and see if you can get some free stuff. That is just bad business by the floor guy answering the phone. I know Cabela's has treated me pretty well. They were willing to trade me bullets that I didn't even purchase at the store. I had 210 Berger's I didn't want anymore and wanted to trade for 175's. They didn't even balk at the idea.

Looks like you should look at the Savage then.

That's a shame. I would call Cabela's and get a manager on the phone and see if you can get some free stuff. That is just bad business by the floor guy answering the phone. I know Cabela's has treated me pretty well. They were willing to trade me bullets that I didn't even purchase at the store. I had 210 Berger's I didn't want anymore and wanted to trade for 175's. They didn't even balk at the idea.

Looks like you should look at the Savage then.

My temper was lost last evening, and the manager was told the same thing. I am going to shop more locally, as Cabelas has nothing that I cant get anywhere else (other than their name brand) with much better service.

The Savage is one of the lighter rifles I listed, not sure I like the idea of a plastic mag though.

My temper was lost last evening, and the manager was told the same thing. I am going to shop more locally, as Cabelas has nothing that I cant get anywhere else (other than their name brand) with much better service.

The Savage is one of the lighter rifles I listed, not sure I like the idea of a plastic mag though.

If you go with the 116, then you will get the steel magazine.

Now that I think of it, the 116 just may have a drop plate. I can't keep up. They make changes every year it seams like. The best thing to do is go to Savage website. Find something that meets all your needs or requirements. Another option is to call Effie at Savage and you can custom order your rifle to your specs for a little more money. Not sure of the exact cost increase. Might be something to look into.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.