Uberti mainspring

Swampyankee

I have a Uberti .50 cal Sante Fe Hawken. The mainspring recently broke, and in searching I find that they are out of production. However, Track of the Wolf informed me they are in the process of manufactureing replacements but wont be available until mid summer. Anyone aware of any place I may find one? Thanks

You might get in touch with Uberti to see if they have one. A lot of the locks they use have the same internals.

That was my first try. Also thier US distributors. Out of production and only parts left available were some screws and ramrods.

You might try Dixie Gun Works in Union City TN. You might be able to send your broken spring parts and the lock to them and they might be able to match something up to it. Call them first. Only other thought is to find a gun smith that can make you a new spring. There are some still around that can do this type of work. Then on the other hand you probably can get a new rifle for the cost it would take to get a spring made. LOL.

I had good luck. Track of the Wolf informed me that they are in the process of manufacturing replacement mainsprings for that rifle. Should be available, mid summer.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.