Two shooters, two different POI, same gun

TXAoudadKlr

While shooting yesterday with my girlfriend and her rifle at 315 and 505 yards validating the drops for it…..

I noticed with the same dope we had different points of impact. Grouping size only varying marginally between us.

I noticed a similar thing when zeroing it at 100 on a different outing

Does a shooter's style/technique come into play here?

While shooting yesterday with my girlfriend and her rifle at 315 and 505 yards validating the drops for it…..

I noticed with the same dope we had different points of impact. Grouping size only varying marginally between us.

Happens all the time when my brother in law and I shoot together. Parallax can sometimes be a problem but different rifle holds/grip, trigger pull and how tight you pull the rifle to your shoulder can also affect POI. I have a few custom rifle that shoot bugholes with either one of us shooting them but the POI is almost always slightly different between us.

Yes, but it should not be a significant change. most likely shooting form and the manner recoil is distributed makes the difference.

Rifle cant will cause a shift in POI.
Do you have a level on your stock/scope?

Rifle cant will cause a shift in POI.
Do you have a level on your stock/scope?
Not yet.

It was a consistent shift in vertical. Started with her shooting and centering the shots on the plate. I then took a shot and it landed low. I adjusted and the shot centered up on the target. After my adjustment she fired and the shot landed a minute high while mine would land low following her adjustment for a center hit

All factors listed above apply and I would also add differences due to left eye/right eye dominant.

parallax.

That or

be different.

I noticed with the same dope we had differentshould points of impact. Grouping size only varying marginally between us.

your occupation setting

I noticed a similar thing wcheck if your hen zeroing it at 100 on a different outing

to

Does a shooter's style/teyou need chnique come into Maybe play here?