One scope two guns?

While I am loathe to touch a scope once it's been mounted and perfectly dialed in, I have switched scopes on occasion. The most recent was with a.Vortex AMG that was mounted on my PRS rifle in 6.5x47. It seemed that this scope would be a perfect match for my Savage 22 rimfire that I use for long range shooting out to 350+ yards, with good accuracy. The problem with rimfire shooting at long range is that the scope needs to have certain attributes in reticle design, turret range, and focus/parallax control. The AMG/EBR-7 fits the bill quite well. Fortunately, the rings/scope alignment did not have to be re-adjusted, and the scope with bases could be directly mounted to the Warne 20 MOA base on my rimfire. Noting the location for each rifle on the pic rail scope base, and the turret settings for zero with each rifle, I was able to return to within .3MILS POI with each. I did use a specific torque setting for the ring mounts for each rifle. The AMG worked out so well on the rimfire that I eventually kept it on for LR hunting/Rimfire PRS competition, and bought an ATACR F! for the 6.5x47. The only bothersome point is having a scope on my rimfire that costs 3X more then the rifle.....

I have 2 custom guns 270WBY & 300WBY both with Nightforce 20 MOA rails and Nightforce scopes on them, one an NXS and the other ATACR. I was thinking about just using the ATACR scope and switching back and forth between the two guns, wondering if anyone else does this and how accurate it is when they switch back and forth between the two guns? I'm using American rifle Co. Rings.
Sell Both guns and the NXS. Buy a change caliber rifle, like the Barrett MRAD or Blazer depending upon your application, and multiple caliber conversions. Switch caliber in two minutes. Zero the ATACR at an arbitrary zero below the lowest zero of both calibers. Then use your DOPE for each caliber from the base zero like a caliper. I do this for seven calibers on my MRAD. If you are precise with the caliber switch procedure, you will be really close to a dead zero for each caliber. If using a ballistic calculator like Applied Ballistics Solver, just crank a base adjustment for each caliber when entering your parameters. You will ring steel or be within Point Blank Range.
Or.....just use the NXS and have fun.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.