TSA approved gun case recommendations

I watched a great many years ago, at Denver Airport from above in going get my flight. Some handlers were throwing a rifle case to the AC several times. I wish I could have done something about. I would have like to stuck something up their A**.

Not all ticket counter agents and supervisors know their own company firearm policies.
Go online to the airline you are flying with and print off paper copies of their firearms and ammo baggage policies. Have them with you at check in for reference. Most important is ammo storage in the same case as the gun or not and what type of container the ammo is in. This way u can show them you are following their policy when they mistakenly don't know it. Also print out the TSA rules. You will see the airline's policy are very similar to TSA, if not the same.
Also note when looking at the regulations TSA locks are not required. From experience go with a quality non TSA lock.
Sage advise. I do exactly this so they can see what their own policies are because most of them sadly DO NOT know - same for TSA agents.

Never use a TSA lock on your firearm case. Use a quality padlock(s). There is zero need to open your case after it has been inspected, cleared for travel, and locked shut. If TSA needs you, they will call for you on overhead speaker (ask me how I know :rolleyes:).

I tend to show up early, let the person at the baggage counter know I will be there for about 30 minutes if i am needed and I now throw apple air tags in all my luggage (these are awesome). I have flown with rifles, shotguns, pistols, the infamous scary AR pattern rifles, SBR and suppressors and rarely any issue except the one time I had "loaded clips" lol... (snap caps).

Read the airline requirements and stay within them and you won't have an issue. If you get a smart-arse TSA agent that gives you flack and you know you are within the rules, get his/her supervisor. And be nice... until it is time to not be nice.

Cheers.

What airline made you remove the knit cap??!! United? That is NOT in the TSA regs, and amounts to harassment.
Delta was the culprit. 4 trips to Africa on Delta and they never have a clue what the regulations are. It's different every time. They really need to train their personnel. I never had an issue with TSA.

Traveling by air to hunt this spring in SD.
Anyone have suggestions on approved gun cases to look for purchasing. Hadn't traveled with gun flying in 10 years. Don't need any surprises at airport. Seems TSA/airports vary in hunter treatment in the past, hope that's changed for the better.
I have a double SKB case that I have used with various airlines since 1997. It has served me well and is still in great shape. I have replace one of the 3 locks during that time period, but SKB provided it free of charge.

Oh yeah, one more recommendation that may seem overkill but I still do it. Put a trigger lock on firearm. That really seems to placate even the most strict inspector. One more thing is sometimes folks think I will carry my bolt in on board luggage, nope not allowed. See TSA link below.
"Firearm parts, including magazines, clips, bolts and firing pins, are prohibited in carry-on baggage, but may be transported in checked baggage."

First I like the idea of trigger lock never thought about that. Second why on earth would someone want to remove the bolt anyway. Murphy's law. Seems weird. But again I don't understand why someone would remove the bolt from the rifle in a case anyway. I check and double check before loading and the first thing I do before I pick it up is the check chamber. Maybe I'm missing something I should be looking. At though

Delta was the culprit. 4 trips to Africa on Delta and they never have a clue what the regulations are. It's different every time. They really need to train their personnel. I never had an issue with TSA.
Yep always seems like it's the airline. I have flown with drills in my bags for work and never fails they always want it a different way.

Make sure that you have the pressure relief valve open. We had some Starlight cases that we forgot to open them and when we picked them up the cases were all distorted and looked like someone had tried to pry them open when we opened the valve they went right back to normal.

Pelican is unbeatable, sort of. Pelican's tend to be heavy. Make sure it has wheels. I would seriously consider a Tuffpak as they are much lighter and have lots of room for additional equipment and clothing. TSA is pretty picky to their weight limits, and 50 pounds goes fast. Good luck, South Dakota is a great state to hunt in.

I mentioned maybe GPS tracking to gun case and found this:

Why wouldn't something like this work? I maybe flying this Sept to CA and I will see about doing this.

I mentioned maybe GPS tracking to gun case and found this:

Why wouldn't something like this work? I maybe flying this Sept to CA and I will see about doing this.
I use apple air tags and they work great. Actually saves my luggage (and everyone else's on the cart) out of Rome. The Delta app said it was loaded but the air tags in my luggage showed they were elsewhere at the airport. I notified the flight attendant, showed her my map and she call up to the boarding desk. About 5 minutes later I received the notification that my items were with me (on the plane). The flight attendant later thanked me and said it looked like they had missed a cart or two. No recurring fees either.