Trying to get better at 700-1000 yards!

Mmartinez

Hi all, I am Mel Rivera Martinez.

I got introduced to hunting by my good Friend Jon Paul. Funny it is that I started pushing him to get into long range, and he is now by far the one that has the skill and equipment to do it. At this point I will try to catch up. (I guess I need to go to the field more often per his words).

My first gun was a $400 Marlin XL - 30-06 from there I decided to shoot long range by buying a Sendero 7mm rem MAG (her name is Christine 😆), a good entry level gun to target-shoot long range. Another friend of mine developed a load for me using Berger's Boat Tails and H1000 Powder, we were able to do Sub MOA with it.

I recently got an ELEVATION MTR 6.5 PRC Rifle from PROOF, this will be my target and hunting gun. Man, that ammo is hard to get and up to 7 bucks/ round right now! I will bite the bullet (no pun intended) and buy a couple of Precision Hunter Hornady boxes to set the Scope, and start handloading from there.

My intention in this forum is to read, learn, get some feedback from what I'm trying to do, and maybe find a new home for my rifles.

Thanks for letting me be part of this Forum.

Hey There Mel
Glad to see you are finally posting since being on the forum 2014.
Three words for Long distance shooting
Practice Practice Practice!
This forum is like the Encyclopedia Britannica for hunting and shooting with all the knowledge from members. GREAT PEOPLE for sure!!!
Classified for buying and selling with members is AWESOME. Some of the best prices and deals on the planet.

Have a Happy, Healthy & Prosperous New Year!
Len & Jill

Hey There Mel
Glad to see you are finally posting since being on the forum 2014.
Three words for Long distance shooting
Practice Practice Practice!
This forum is like the Encyclopedia Britannica for hunting and shooting with all the knowledge from members. GREAT PEOPLE for sure!!!
Classified for buying and selling with members is AWESOME. Some of the best prices and deals on the planet.

Have a Happy, Healthy & Prosperous New Year!
Len & Jill
Awsome, and thank you for the welcoming words, I'm glad I wrote the post. I agree lots of knowledge here, love it. I can see there is no need to search much, everybody is here!

Hi all, I am Mel Rivera Martinez.

I got introduced to hunting by my good Friend Jon Paul. Funny it is that I started pushing him to get into long range, and he is now by far the one that has the skill and equipment to do it. At this point I will try to catch up. (I guess I need to go to the field more often per his words).

My first gun was a $400 Marlin XL - 30-06 from there I decided to shoot long range by buying a Sendero 7mm rem MAG (her name is Christine 😆), a good entry level gun to target-shoot long range. Another friend of mine developed a load for me using Berger's Boat Tails and H1000 Powder, we were able to do Sub MOA with it.

I recently got an ELEVATION MTR 6.5 PRC Rifle from PROOF, this will be my target and hunting gun. Man, that ammo is hard to get and up to 7 bucks/ round right now! I will bite the bullet (no pun intended) and buy a couple of Precision Hunter Hornady boxes to set the Scope, and start handloading from there.

My intention in this forum is to read, learn, get some feedback from what I'm trying to do, and maybe find a new home for my rifles.

Thanks for letting me be part of this Forum.
Welcome to the forum from Tennessee Mel ,sounds like you're off to a good start already .ask lots of questions there's plenty information to be had here