Glad To Get To Know You

Faybon

I am a retired Air Force veteran (21 years) living in Alexandria, LA. Originally, I am a Mississippi Boy (Tupelo...Elvis is still there...somewhere). Last job was as a software training consultant for a major industrial relief valve company. I "retired" from that in 2004 and have since opened my own small business. I do golf club fitting and repair work. Clubs are just like shotguns...if they don't fit you they do not work well for you.

I began reloading again after several years (1986/87 time frame). I got back into it because I began deer hunting again after twenty some odd years last year. I got one too (nothing fancy mind you but meat). I had forgotten how much I enjoyed reloading and deer hunting. And how relaxing (for me anyway) it could be. I thoroughly enjoy it and I am already getting ready for the upcoming season. I am really looking forward to learning a lot from you guys about the art of shooting and reloading for long range hunting. In the hills of North Mississippi probably the longest shot I will have is 200 to 300 hundred yards.

I reload for a Sako Forrester .308 (with Mannlicher stock), a Sako FinnBear .270, and a Voere 7mm Remington Mag (imported into the states under the name of Kliengunther I believe). I do not have any more room in my gun cabinet for more rifles. I also reload for the 12 gauge shotgun and plan on reloading for both the 20 and 28 gauge. I am a skeet shooter too.

Well, that is the quick 'down and dirty' on me. I am looking forward to enjoying the company (and knowledge) of my fellow hunters and reloaders through this virtual community.

Best Regards To All
Michael Boatner
[email protected]

Glad to have you sounds like you need a new gun safe thats what I do when one fills up, never have enough guns. Always new ones comming out.

Thanks WyoElk for the "welcome to the forum". I would love another rifle just don't know which one yet. I have been looking at a Kimber and drooling a lot. I need a 30.06 or a 300 mag...don't I...one day perhaps. It will be on my 'bucket list'.

Regards
Michael

Thanks for the reply to my question. I use a Leopold and a couple of Burris's. I really like the Burris Fullfield. It is a better scope than I thought it would be.

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.