Trust Land

Maybe I missed something Roaddog1m, I don't understand how you might be breaking the forum rules. I commend you for making sure it's clear with Len before you post but I don't think I read anything that broke the rules. Did I miss something? Enlighten me.

I became concerned after reading a thread by Len about avoiding posts and threads about religion, politics etc. I just wanted to make sure, since I'm really just a guest here. So I sent an email to Len asking him. I didn't recieve a reply so after a while I thought he must not like the thread. I decided it would just be best to pull it down. I've continued working on it though.
I started it on a whim, just wondering if anyone would care to read it. Then the infamous words of "Gunnary Sargent Hartung" came back to me, "You're not a writer, you're a killer!" I was just hoping to be both I guess. LoL

I say go ahead and keep posting the story. It fits just fine in the humor section. Some parts have been genuinely funny. Better than many of the lame jokes that I have seen, and I haven't seen Len sensor them.

Steve

Better go find your marble first!:D hahaha
Thats one BIG dog! Kinda makes me happy I go the strait and narrow so I never have to tangle with a monster like that. WOW. Very athlettic looking critter!
Your story has all types of firearms in it and pollitics etc. are avoided. I wish Mr. Backus would write you back with a yea or nea so we can get on with the story, either here at L/R/H or in book form. You have a knack for hooking people with your stories. I mean you have a gift. ''Weapons of Mass Distraction'' brought me back to my days as a kid. and ''Trust Land'' has WAY more readers than people who comment. Look at the numbers. Im all in, its a great read! Hope you keep goin. We all do. Were in too deep to pull out now

3,099 VIEWS, & 118 COMMENTS!!! Those numbers dont look too small to me. KEEP GOIN. I think if the ''BIG Doggs'' (Len, and the moderaters SS7MM etc) didnt want it theyd have edited it or said something. Lens post entitled ''Please Read'' was aimed at off topic and political/religious things that get under peoples skin as far as I can tell. He wants us all to play nice, and we should. I really dont know how this post would offend anyone. Were all here to learn, and share helpfull hints and info/advise to make eachother better shooters/marksman. A little humor at your favorite hang out(L/R/H) doesnt detur people, it keeps em here lookin up and down the boards for advise or answering questions others have. Its kind of a break-up in the world of guns that we all seem to eat/sleep/ and live. Your story speaks our language and gives us something to look forward to when theres just the same ol same ol on the boards. Usually the same ol same ol doesnt take long to change, and theres one that grabs your attention, and were back at it again.
I love learning stuff here at L/R/H! Its the only place a guy can find some of the information theyre lookin for while being treated decent and with respect. Its the first and only forum Ive ever belonged to. I see no reason to look anywhere else when I get everything from advise to like minded humor in one place.
I hope if Len was irritated he would have said something by now. Please keep it going unless someone tells you not to Roaddog. thanks TJ EWING

Chas1 that line was out of "Full Metal Jacket" (an American Classic by the way) But in answer to your question, no, I was in the Navy. I did however work for a Gunny for a while though. I worked with a Marine Cadre for a while toward the end and we had a mean little Gunny that was hard as nails. Made us shoot while he followed us around with a bull horn in our ear all the time! "on your belly, on your back, next shooting station MOVE!"

I have to be a little more careful using names because it's about to get good.

Thanks for the compliments by the way. I'm not used to that kind of treatment. LoL

Tom

Roaddog,

I'd say just on the basis of what you've posted here that somebody will publish a book for you, and they'll sell. If I could afford them, I'd buy several and give all but one for gifts. This reminds me a lot of the books I told you about by the retired Houston Homicide cop. Once you start reading, you just can't put them down.

Great pictures of a good looking K-9 officer. How old is he now, and how's he doing? Seems like he ought to be in his prime right now. I read up on them, and unfortunately they only have an average 10 - 12 yr life span.

On a happier note, maybe you'll get a chance to feed him a child molester.

Best regards, Tom

Last edited:
FMJ-own the dvd and watched it numerous times. In fact sometimes when I need a fix I watch the squad bay scene in the beggining.

Thank you for your service while in the Navy. A fine organization, rich with history. I love watching any documentaries with either Halsey or Nimitz in it.

USMC 70-74 Sgt.

watch

Hey guys, check out this vid! 90% of these dogs are Maligators (Belgian Malinois) Pay attention to what happens at 7:15

Enjoy

Wow cool video. ''Chopper...Sick Ba**s!'' haha. So whats the stick for. Is it just there so the guys gettin ripped apart have some comfort/confidence to do it again? I kinda missed the point of the stick I guess.
Find your marble yet?:D

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.