True/blueprint R700 LA

JPBCA

I have a R700 SS long action, going to put together a 300WM. I want to have the action trued/blueprinted and a barrel installed. I was thinking of talking to the guys at GA Precision or Southern Precision Rifles. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have a R700 SS long action, going to put together a 300WM. I want to have the action trued/blueprinted and a barrel installed. I was thinking of talking to the guys at GA Precision or Southern Precision Rifles. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
There are tons of gunsmiths on here who can do as good of a job with little wait time. Not knocking either of those, but look around before you send it off. Best of luck

There are tons of gunsmiths on here who can do as good of a job with little wait time. Not knocking either of those, but look around before you send it off. Best of luck
What gunsmiths would you recommend? I have a few factory rifles but this is my first semi-custom build.

Talk to Greg at Southern precision rifle's he has one of mine right now

SPR is on my short list, what timeline did he give you for completion?
He gave me a timeline to re-barrel my 338 Lapua of four months but most of that is waiting on a custom reamer to be made He had my barrel in stock no wait at all for that

I'd contact Adam Bentley at The Dresden Gun Company. He's as good as any other Smith in the country. He's still a smaller shop and not as well known as he should be yet, but he does top notch work and his wait times are typically 4-6 weeks last time I checked.

I'd contact Adam Bentley at The Dresden Gun Company. He's as good as any other Smith in the country. He's still a smaller shop and not as well known as he should be yet, but he does top notch work and his wait times are typically 4-6 weeks last time I checked.
Once he has the reamer actual time is only about four weeks it's three months just to get the reamer made

I understand you're from California but have you looked for a reputable/competent gunsmith near you?

Thank you for the suggestions guys. I decided to go with Southern Precision Rifles. Sent my action, trigger and stock on Saturday. Now, it's like waiting for Christmas.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.