Trijicon®, Inc. Goes Long-Range with TARS™ High-Performance RifleScope

But to say you can't use that principal with an FFP scope is misguided IMO.
Scot E.

I didn't say it man, you did!!! you said you still prefer SFP for varmints. I take that as smaller targets than like deer or elk.

My origional post was in referance to a FFP scope and only 15X being used for long range. Then you copied me and read into it what you wanted to preach about.

See ya
Jeff

I didn't say it man, you did!!! you said you still prefer SFP for varmints. I take that as smaller targets than like deer or elk.

My origional post was in referance to a FFP scope and only 15X being used for long range. Then you copied me and read into it what you wanted to preach about.

See ya
Jeff

Yes, I said I prefer SFP for varmints. But I don't think this scope has that intended use. and varmints are usually 2-3 inches back to belly. Compare that with elk which may measure from 24-30 inches. Now compare the above examples to the reticle thickness. Again, a night and day difference! Not comparable IMO nor should they require similar equipment.

Sorry I misunderstood your comments. I will stop step away from the pulpit. :)

Scot E.

Yes, I said I prefer SFP for varmints. But I don't think this scope has that intended use. and varmints are usually 2-3 inches back to belly. Compare that with elk which may measure from 24-30 inches. Now compare the above examples to the reticle thickness. Again, a night and day difference! Not comparable IMO nor should they require similar equipment.

But they do require similar equipment Scott. Especially if the gopher is 400 yards and the elk is at 1200. This is what I mean. You said you like the target growing in size and reticle not, for varmints. I said I like the same thing for long range elk.

Jeff

I repeat what can this Trijicon tactical scope do that my Weaver Tactical can't ? Mine $750 as opposed to $ 4,000 bucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get a military contract :rolleyes:

Nice come back.

Iron Worker,
If that model Weaver has glass as good as an IOR then it is steal of a buy for $750, especially if it's FFP mil/mil. I had an IOR and it had some of the best glass I've looked through. If it only wouldn't have fallen apart every trip to the range. The Weaver I have now is pretty decent.

@Bravo 4,

Was your IOR a first gen? What type of rifle did you have it on? Just curious, I have an IOR first gen "Flea" scope 3-18x42 and with my 6.5 swede I have put well over 2k rounds down range and I have never personally had a problem. That being said, I know that the first and second gen scope DID have some problems. I have heard over and over again that by gen 3 those problems were nearly all gone, and now with gen 4+ they are rock solid.

Love the glass in my IOR!
Gary

@Bravo 4,

Was your IOR a first gen? What type of rifle did you have it on? Just curious, I have an IOR first gen "Flea" scope 3-18x42 and with my 6.5 swede I have put well over 2k rounds down range and I have never personally had a problem. That being said, I know that the first and second gen scope DID have some problems. I have heard over and over again that by gen 3 those problems were nearly all gone, and now with gen 4+ they are rock solid.

Gary

I think mine was a Generation 3 or 4 I had zero problems with it. But didn't like the 1/2 MOA clicks. Thinking back the IOR glass might be a little bit better then my Weaver . Even if I was a millionaire I wouldn't buy that $4,000 dollar Trijicon. Price on a NSX nearly gags me.

@Bravo 4,

Gary

GEN 2, 3-18 FFP mil/mil, 12.5lb .338 Edge w/brake
I heard on lesser rifles :)D) they would hold up. On larger cal rifles, especially with brakes, they went down quite regularly. Like I've said before- the greatest scope that never was.

Heh, just a wee bit of a 338 Edge ... :) That would certainly weed out any pesky bugs!

Can't think offhand what the 1/2 clicks IOR would have been, but I am pretty sure the 35mm tube 3-18's were all 1/4 or CM click values. Anyhow glad to hear your like the Weaver, some nice prices on those. **** tempting!

Gary

I am pretty sure the 35mm tube 3-18's were all 1/4 or CM click values.

Gary

And you would be correct, an angle of 0.1 milliradians is an angle which subtends an arc whose length is 1 centimeter at a distance of 100 meters.
Like I said mil/mil.

Iron was saying his IOR was 1/2 per click and he had problems with zero. I was trying to think which models had the 1/2" is all. I should have been more clear my bad :)

Gary

Iron was saying his IOR was 1/2 per click and he had problems with zero. I was trying to think which models had the 1/2" is all. I should have been more clear my bad :)

Gary

No no I meant I had zero problems with the scope,meaning no problems at all. What I didn't much care for is one click on the scope meant 1/2 in at 100 yds . It was a SFP Mil/MOA scope. My Weaver is a FFP MIL/MIL scope.

Ahhh Whoops :) Yes I avoid 1/2" clicks. My original "Flea" scope is the Mil / 1/4" and I have long since decided my next scope will be Mil / Mil or Moa / Moa... and FFP as I am lazy and do not care to do the extra conversions.

Have a good one!
Gary

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts