Trigger springs

Mondakfisher

I am on a budget and can't put a timney in my Ruger M77 Mkii. I am looking at polishing up the trigger and sear as well as replacing the spring. I am looking at Jard, Wolff, M carbo and ernie the gun smith. Anyone have any experrience with this and which set of springs is the best way to go.

I put a rifle basics trigger in one of my ruger m77 mkII It was an adjustable trigger . The only thing that needed to be done with it was to adjust the safety as it came long to be fitted to each individual rifle

Polishing up EVERYTHING on a MKII trigger with wolf springs will result in a SAFE, clean, glass rod break of 2.5 to 3 pounds...

Easy to do at kitchen table.

Cheap as well.

Done it a few times.

Great hunting trigger!!!

Good Luck!!!

I do this with no springs just remove a bit of metal on the trigger but dam little I am taiking about 4 strokes on a fine sharpening rock and two stroke on the angle at 45% the last one i did changed from 72 oz to 38 0z . so it takes very little to change the trigger pull.. and you can go to far real quick.. so be careful.. you can find the direction on line.

I polished it up and took a small amount of material off and it is much more crisp and smooth. Took about the weight down to about 5.8. I should have a spring on the way from Enries (never got an email conformation or a response to my email). I am going to add the spring in if I need to take off more material from there I will.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.