Trigger failures

My Remington 700 trigger dry fired when releasing the safety. Ratcheted the action about 25 times before it happened again. Contacted Remington and they had me send in. New trigger no charges. Remington sent prepaid box and returned no charge. I call that service especially for a 30 year old rifle.

My Remington 700 trigger dry fired when releasing the safety. Ratcheted the action about 25 times before it happened again. Contacted Remington and they had me send in. New trigger no charges. Remington sent prepaid box and returned no charge. I call that service especially for a 30 year old rifle.

I have a Rifle Basix trigger I tried the adjust it and completely messed it up. Called the company talked to Clay and he told me to send it out and he would get it going again at no charge. I cant speak for any other trigger out there being that this is the only one I've had but you cant beat that kind of customer service. I would highly recommend a Rifle Basix.

I rarely , if ever, speak negatively of anyone or any product I've used. Rifle Basix is the exception.

You were lucky that you got Clay at Rifle Basix, I guess. I had a similar experience years ago and got to talk with the RB designer, Bob, IIRC. He basically called me an idiot and informed me I should have never messed with the trigger as it was adjusted "perfectly" from the factory. I promptly sold the trigger and have never (and will never) have another Rifle Basix trigger. Fool me once.... ;)

I rarely , if ever, speak negatively of anyone or any product I've used. Rifle Basix is the exception.

You were lucky that you got Clay at Rifle Basix, I guess. I had a similar experience years ago and got to talk with the RB designer, Bob, IIRC. He basically called me an idiot and informed me I should have never messed with the trigger as it was adjusted "perfectly" from the factory. I promptly sold the trigger and have never (and will never) have another Rifle Basix trigger. Fool me once.... ;)
Wow that's crazy I hope Bob no longer works there lol.

Hi, sorry if this is old. I have never had a trigger failure.. thousands of various rounds. Significantly ,226 is pushing over 10,k rounds. And Timeny in AR is well past 20k rounds.. as maintenance I usually do a shot of carb cleaner and a blow dry.. then a dry lube.. Hornady, or whatever is on hand.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts