Trigger assembly choices

Snubbie

I'm "upgrading" my Weatherby Vanguard. The purpose being to try to wring the most accuracy out of it, without breaking the bank.
I intend to fit it with a Bell & Carlson Medalist stock with aluminum bedding block and an adjustable aftermarket trigger assembly.

My question:
What is your first choice in triggers, Timney, Jewel, or Riflebasix?

This is all new to me, these trigger assemblies that is, and any guidance would be appreciated.

In my experience, the HOWA trigger in the vanguard is one of the better factory triggers out there, easily adjusted and very reliable.

Of the 3 choices you mention, I would recommend the Jewell if you are upgrading the rifle. I'd guess that I've used the Jewell on over 20 custom builds over the years and have not found anything to compare. For me, the trigger on a rifle is one of, if not the most important factors in accuracy. If you can't break the shot clean every time with the exact same release, most of the rest of the upgrades really don't have a chance to help the accuracy.

I put a timney on my Vanguard. Made a world of difference how it shot. I had to do a small amount of inletting to make it fit in the factory plastic stock. Not sure how it would fit in the B&C medalist. I plan on putting a B&C on my vanguard as well.
Any way I am happy with the Timney on mine!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.