tricky coyote

went out last weekend. Called in one spot for 20 minutes. Decided to move on, but tried one more thing cranked my foxpro up all the way. For one more calling sequence. Just then a dog came over the hill behind me full bore and passed to my right at about 45 feet. ran down the hill to my call. Stopped behind some sagebrush for a second. Then all of a sudden here he came back past me the same way he came. Didn't even get a shot with my rifle, wish I had a shotgun. But it was the way he came in my truck was about 150 yards behind me. So he had to of ran past it. On his way in. Just goes to show you never know.

As I have kinda learned... The only thing predictable about wildlife is they are unpredictable creatures. Just when we think we have'm all figured out they go and change the "rules". :rolleyes:

Yeah, I finally decided it was time to learn to shotgun coyotes. Sometimes a rifle just ain't the tool of choice. Good job foolin' him though!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts