Coyote necklace

stonehands1

First for everything I guess. Just shot an old male with a snare around his neck. Looks like hes been wearing it awhile. Broke about half his teeth getting free.

Attachments

• 1120221923.jpg
    1120221923.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 113
Several years back there was a fad here to use smaller cable for snares 1/16 th. cable I killed several coyote with the smaller size cables on them . being that small it would cut through the skin of the animal and I found a few that had healed over the cable and it was rusting but I also found several that had bad infections where it had cut into them . The snare in your picture appears to be 3/32 nd. inch diameter , it may have been attached to a longer lead where the swivel is but the length that you show isn't long enough for me as a coyote snare to let the coyote to tangle up and die fast but that's just my thoughts . I never did like skinning a water head coyote myself .

You either have to be good at sewing them back together after you wash them or they have no value as fur . I gave my needles away when I retired lol ! And I liked at least an 8 foot 3/32 nd snare for that reason . But again that's just me .