Tri-city coyotes

Basically anywhere you can get permission to hunt!

Most of the open desert areas will have coyote populations. If you call them in, you can get them just about anywhere.

Heck, I just checked where your pin is and that area is loaded with dogs!

My brother-in-law/sister live off Bombing Range Road and have coyotes in their back yard almost nightly! They are in city limits, (West Richland) so they can't shoot them, but they see them!

Bill

Last edited:
It IS that time of year again :) our early Goose season goes out this Saturday,so I am going to TRY and hunt some Coyotes and Crows before the Goose and Duck Season comes back in on October 20th :)
BUT I do have to get a TON of stuff done BEFORE October 20th,,or the Wife will cut up my Federal and State Duck Stamp :eek: :eek: :(
Thank you
TT

heck that's my town too. I live in ktown and work at the Kadlec hospital on the tower construction for Apollo. Years ago I had pretty good luck south of Badger canyon, but haven't called for a few years. Last winter Dad and I picked up a Foxpro and I'm dying to try it out.

It was the fx3 I believe. The one that was programmable and had 15 or so sounds and the 800 yard remote. We put it to use once or twice on magpies this year- worked great. There are yotes all over in our area.

Carverelli
I do not know where you are from BUT I wish it was close,,I want to shoot a Coyote BAD !!! the Coyotes are around here but it is HARD Hunting here because of the Thick Woods and Hills here, BUT I am going to keep trying until I do ! I missed a Black Coyote Last year at 200 Yards :( he was running and I was leading him with my AR-15,,well the Guy I was with "whoofed" at the Coyote and he slowed to a near stop,I put the Crosshairs on his side,and he took off again and I shot behind him :(
when I got the "Coyote Bug" a year and a half ago I told everyone that I wanted to shoot a Blonde or a Black Coyote,,well I had my Chance and blew it :eek: we went Goose Hunting on Sept. 1st and we had about 4 young ones yippin and barkin at us and I didnt have ONE Predator Call on my Lanyard :mad: and the young Coyotes eventually worked their way downwind of us and when they got a Nosefull of us they REALLY started yippin and running back and forth,it was kind of comical,,but if one of them would have stepped out in front of us I am SURE the air would have been filled with Steel Shot !!!
so Good Luck when you are out there calling them in :)
TT

I live in Benton City

I live in Benton City and am working on permission from several farmers in Tri-cities area since I work in Ag shoot me an E-mail always looking for a yote huntin partner. gun)

Johnny, Bill,

What do you guys find works best for predators around here as far as prey sounds for calls?

I'm originally from western Nebraska, where cottontails and jack rabbits were pretty common. Here, I think I've seen two cotton tails in seven years. As such... I'm wondering how effective the rabbit distress calls would be around this area (central Washington)?

I know around some of the semi-populated areas (i.e. just outside city limits, but still where houses are reasonably close together and there are a *lot* of domestic animals roaming about, a kitten distress will make their ears perk right up. Whether they'll come in (i.e. previously 'educated' or not) is another question.

Monte

Would love to get together sometime and try busting yotes. I was just in B City today for parts pick-up. Got a fellow employee that lives there. I only go through going to the range. I'm working on permission from the farmer off of Locust Grove Rd. No go yet.

Milanuk,
I haven't had any luck yet. Been using the cottontail and jackrabbit distress. I ain't givin' up yet! JohnnyK.

JohnnyK

Just got your email my spam filter caught it. will call soon. I live 2 min from B city off Yakitat road. Join the rattlesnake gun club Wed. Hope to shoot this weekend. Saw 7 Yotes on way back from Or. on Fri working on that farmer. We will get together soon....... Coreygun)

I've used rabbit and cat distress calls. I'm currently working the edge of a corn circle where cows are calving. I can find TONS of sign, but haven't talked a dog in yet. I've seen two, but at angles that shots were not an option.

I'm thinking about putting some gutpiles out to see if I can bring them in that way.

Bill

Cash,
Good to talk with you today. Speaking of the range, I really like it. I'm not used to "formal" ranges. Back in N.C. I just stepped out my sliding glass door and walked 30ft to my shooting bench. Had a nice setup there, oh well. Anyway, everyone I've met there is really friendly and more than eager to talk varmints, deer, predators, targets, load data, what ever.
Man if I were to see seven yotes I'd have a fit to get home and get my rifle. I see alot of deer as I drive but not many coyotes. I've been to Clarkston, Wa. four times in the last week and I've seen hundreds (literally) of deer and 01 coyote!

Bwaites,
It would be nice if they made a cow/calf in distress call..lol...I wonder if the old "K'mere-deer" call would work. I have one and I know it works on deer. Don't know if they make the call anymore.

JohnnyK

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.