Tract Toric 4-20x50

AKBman

I wanted to post and talk about how much I love this scope. When I bought a new rifle with the express purpose of shooting steel at 1k, something I have wanted to do for a very long time. I put this Toric MRAD on a Remington Sendero in 300 Win Mag, Talley lightweight 20 MOA rings, shooting Nosler 200gr Accubonds over IMR 4955 in Norma brass. Last weekend I went to the NRA Whittington Center with my Sharps to try and shoot the White Buffalo, a decades long dream, I also brought the Sendero in the event that I had some spare time, which I did. Despite it being heavy overcast, and almost sunset, the Tract Toric made shooting steel to 600 yards almost too easy. Today I went out to the desert in the heat like an idiot, but despite gusty winds, I managed to put a bullet in a one gallon milk jug at 728 yards on the second shot. Shots on a 16" target at 950 yards proved to be more challenging given the thunderstorm moving in fairly rapidly. Still, in all, I am very happy with the repeatability of the scope, the clarity, and have now engaged targets from 100 to 950 yards, a long way for a guy who considered 600 a long way.

Even more impressed after yesterday. I didn't get to shoot the gallon jug as planned, instead it was painted rocks. I went from really never shooting beyond 700 yards very infrequently, to yesterday I engaged targets at 1380 and 1688 yards. I went 5 for 7 at 1380, and 3 for 4 at 1688 before the heat got to me. Dialed within .2 mils of the upper end, it returned perfectly to zero.

I had one and definitely thought it was a good value for the money, but definitely heavy. Impressed me more than the Vortex Viper PST and Nightforce SHV F1 for sure at that price point. Curious how it stacks up to competitive Athlon offerings.