Tract Toric 2-10x42

Cornivorus

Well I found a scope to my liking finally. At least at this point in my getting familiar with it I am liking it very much. Really the only con that I can come up with for me is the size/ weight being slightly over what I wanted for this Tikka superlite that I have it on. However once it was mounted up, I found it wasn't too bad at all. The rifle still balances very well and is still plenty light enough for me to drag all over the mountain chasing deer and elk.

It also checks the boxes for all the features I was looking for in a scope, enough so that I'm overlooking the size / weight issue.

• 2-10x range I feel is perfect for my hunting.
  • 4" constant eye relief thru any magnification.
  • generous eye box, easy and fast to get lined up on target.
  • wide field of view, maybe another con since I can see my barrel in the scope on low power.
  • great glass, a step above the Maven RS.2 and any Leupold I've used.
  • etched glass reticle, T Plex reticle (standard) was another $150 to order from Leupold .
  • adjustable elevation turret, comes with optional taller, locking with stop target turret.
  • custom turret from Kenton Ind. can be ordered just like Leupold CDS.
  • solid and positive clicks when adjusting turrets and seems to track perfectly so far.
  • low DNZ mounts worked out nicely with this combo.
  • low light reticle visibility was excellent well past shooting light.
  • Military and Veterans discount was a nice touch too.

Perhaps another con might be the lack of quality flip up lens covers like Leupolds Alumina accessories that I really like. I did find some from Monstrum tactical that should work out fine. I know I keep comparing it to Leupold but that's what I know since that's all I have been using for years.

upload_2019-7-10_19-12-52.jpeg

upload_2019-7-10_19-14-2.jpeg

upload_2019-7-10_19-15-1.jpeg

Now that I have settled on this scope I can start the load work up process. Once I find an accurate load I'm going to use the box test target that came with the scope to put it to the test and get a better feel for tracking accuracy.

Thanks for the report on the Tract scope. You don't hear many people using these, but I've heard positive things about the optics and overall quality. It sounds like you are happy with your choice.

I have had a 3-15 Toric for a few years. Its had a lot of hunting use in all sorts of conditions and I'm very impressed with its glass, tracking and reliability. They can take a knock too.

Good to hear. Just ordered a close out item, a RESPONSE 2.5-10x42 BDC 223 / 5.56 for my Stevens .223 bolt gun. If it lives up to the reviews I'll order another TRACT, more upmarket for my .308W

Code4, the Tract Response, while their "lower end" is a nice scope for the money. Much better glass to my eyes than some more expensive scopes. Their Toric binos are awesome too. I LOVE my 8x42's. Nice to see people talking about this company. They are great guys and an awesome product. One of the owners talked with me at length about what he felt was the right bino for my application (dark, wet coast range hunts) without any pressure or sales pitches. I hope this company starts to really take off. They have some really nice looking and well reviewed long range scopes as well...

I don't have any experience with the Toric line, but I have two Tekoa 3-10X50's and like them. They are kind of heavy, but I mounted on on my .338 RUM and it held up. If it can take that kind of abuse, it should be okay for about anything. Tract has a outlet sales and you can get a good discount. I haven't seen any Torics on that site. Based on my experience, I'd definately recommend Tract scopes.

I have got an engraved Ballistic Turret for the 300SAUM on this Toric and it works a treat. Have taken deer out to 475 yards. Just dial to the range and shoot. Its a great reliable 'scope and rifle combination and Ive shot many (maybe 50) deer with it. I have another 3-15 Toric on a 6.5x55 too, and a mate who is getting a great run with one on a 270wsm.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts