Too pumped up to fret....over 51 yds!!! 33XC

Gregg, you you have a muzzle brake on your rifle ,their with it and give control back .
Ah, I understand now, I think
Yessir, I have a muzzle brake, and your rite, they do help getting the rifle back under control. I don't know if I hold it right, or not, but recoil on that monster is practically negligible.

Today, I ALMOST earned the right to post here! Almost, because it's only 950yds. ONLY. This has been a 12 year journey for me. Since its NOT over 1000 yds, I'll keep it short.
Took my new 33XC out today, and set up at(darn it) 950yds. 12in swinging gong. First shot, cold bore, just off center....in a 10mph full value cross wind!!! I'm so stoked!!! I'm hooked, and I'll be back with an update at the legal " over 1000yds " soon !!! What a gas!!! So excited!!
I still remember the first time I hit steel at 1000 and heard that (ping) I was hooked forever!

If you don't mind, which phone scope and which spotting scope? I have a Vortex Razor HD, hopefully some thing will work on it.
Go to their website and use their phone scope builder to get the proper attachment for your type phone and spotting scope. I have the universal adapter. dammit files cannot be written to server. This sucks. I can't believe this. Oops crap is still going on and cannot be fixed.!!!!

Go to their website and use their phone scope builder to get the proper attachment for your type phone and spotting scope. I have the universal adapter. dammit files cannot be written to server. This sucks. I can't believe this. Oops crap is still going on and cannot be fixed.!!!!
Sounds like you're in for an interesting morning!
Can the phone's magnification be used on top of the scopes' mag? That would be almost like sitting in front of the target!

image.jpg

Yeah that's what I figured I'd do, but I kinda like the idea of remote shutter, too.
Did you shoot your 33 this past weekend? That long barrel has gotta be developing some nice velocities, I'd think.
Did a seating depth test still with the 120gr H50BMG charge and my velocities were still in the 3050-3100 range. Hopefully they will jump when I get a chance to do a ladder.

Congrads Greg C !!!
Your hooked now !
It dont matter if you were alone or what equipment you used ..you hit the target !

I remember my my first 1000 yard shot very well !! I was alone and had my 300 ultra Sendero Hunting Rifle and a box of factory 210 Nosler Ablr . May she rest in peace now ! 😎😎

I know your excitement very well ! I couldn't wait to get cell service to tell my Brother !
I cant wait to hear about the next shot and the next shot of your !

LRH guys and info has helped me to get my longest Shots !
Thank you for sharing your story!!

Rum Man

Attachments

• 20180314_212050.jpg
    20180314_212050.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 45