Toledo Bend MLF

Toledo Bend was MLF

Going to a high fence hunt and the staff walking the animal out on a leash and tying to post. Then someone shooting it doesn't make it hunting just because you pulled the trigger

The 2 guys that turned off their sonars were fishing, not looking like teenage kids staring at their screens. Forward facing sonar maybe here to stay but doesn't mean that it should be allowed in tournaments.
LMAO!!!
I actually was invited to a hunt ( Ag Chemical Sales Rep brought me since I spent a few hundred K with his company)
And they put me in a spot and said " wait for the big red one with the wide horns and the spot on his left rump! …😳
Later I could hear the 4 wheeler and men hollering … then here he comes to the feed trough that was full of feed.
I never shot! I just watched.
My phone rang. I answered and he said "did you see him yet?".
I said "I see him but I also see your man fixing the gate right behind him". 😂😂😂😂😂

Last edited:
Electronics is the razor edge of personal opinion on what's right. Many don't like what's happening in shooting with BT linking of devices to optics. It's a never ending progression in all our outdoor activities. Archery? OMG crossbows? Primitive black powder? Fishing with trolling motors that are networked, spot lock, chirping away, side scanning ad nauseam. Ice fishing watching fish on Vexlar years ago adjusting bait to fish depth bingo! OMG, cellular cameras can start fights!

Technology advances and sometimes it is perceived to be wrong. Some states are addressing certain technologies as result. Where is the line? Guess we all need to make our own decision where that line is for ourselves as long as it is legal. I can't tell someone not to do something that is legal. Personal choice. I have no problem providing legitimate comment to an agency cause that's their job.

I was watching MLF Bass Pro tour on Toledo Bend yesterday group a day 2. Jacob Wheeler had caught something like 91 lbs on the first day. When watching them I realized that all they are doing now is playing a video game. They stare at a screen to look at the fish, cast to the fish, hook it , then reel it in all while watching live target or active target. Where did fishing go wrong? Seems like next thing that is going to happen is they aren't even going to leave their couch and fish on their PlayStation. I sure hope MLF changes this or a new tournament comes along.
Where did fishing go wrong ?

Think about the past 25 years in Hunting .

Laser rangefinders that measure distance , angle of inclination , density altitude , elevation adjustments based on ballistic coefficients of bullets (many bullets designed by aerospace engineers) and velocity that has been input into YOUR "Bullet Profile". Windage adjustments based on wind speed and direction , Spin-drift and coriolis adjustment factored into the final shooting equation .
ALL of this done in a fraction of a second .

And you ask "Where did fishing go wrong ?"

I could ask "Where did Hunting go wrong" ? But I won't .

I THINK THAT THEY ARE BOTH GREAT !!!!!

Last edited:
Where did fishing go wrong ?

Think about the past 25 years in Hunting .

Laser rangefinders that measure distance , angle of inclination , density altitude , elevation adjustments based on ballistic coefficients of bullets (many bullets designed by aerospace engineers) and velocity that has been input into YOUR "Bullet Profile". Windage adjustments based on wind speed and direction , Spin-drift and coreolis adjustment factored into the final shooting equation .
ALL of this done in a fraction of a second .

And you ask "Where did fishing go wrong ?"

I could ask "Where did Hunting go wrong" ? But I won't .

I THINK THAT THEY ARE BOTH GREAT !!!!!
You betcha!

I was fishing yesterday in kayak on a small river with good friend. The topic of getting a new kayak outfitted with a trolling motor, depth finder, etc., came up. By the end of the day (great day on the river) we were huffing and puffing as we carried the kayaks and gear up a steep bank to load up the truck. Thoughts of adding trolling motors, batteries and electronics are not in our future.
IMG_5469.jpeg