Today's Society...

Re: Today\'s Society...

Phil

That's another reason everyone working should pay the school taxes. Not just the property owners.

The ones on welfare should be make to earn the handout monies they are given. No work no handouts. Get the WPA back in force.

While were at it, lets attack the Amish to.
1. They don't fight for their country
2. They pay NO real estate tax on their homes because they hold Church service in each others home and all are classified as a non profit organization. Their homes are their Church. Is that a kick in the balls or what?
They pay no Stste workmans comp to their employees and can undercut a buisness owner who does. That will be changed to.

I also went through the attic and saw the pay stubs of my Dad after he passed away.

You would be surprised at "my" pay stubs from 40 plus years ago. I remember when new Corvetts were $2500.00 and new Houses then sold for $16,995.00 and that same house today sells for $135,000.00

Anyway, I don't want to ever give into the demands of a minority. The majority rules and speaks and those are the ones that I will try my best to keep happy.

Now who wants a Hummer 2?

Later
DC

DC, I drive on a road every single day back and forth to work and every single day I see Pilgrims with thier wagons and ****-spreaders, and farm equipment in general. Each one has nice STEEL wheels so they dig big grooves in the highway (that was just paved 2 years ago.) Now, if I go drive a Dozer or Trackhoe down the road and dig it up, I get to pay for the new pavement to replace the road because I destroyed it. Rubber is a "Natural" substance unlike Steel but do they have any of it on thier equipment? No. Down in Lancaster it's the law for them to have rubber tires if they drive on the highway. Here, they drive on the road to avoid thier fields! It's easier to pull the wagons! have you ever seen what happens to a road when a wagon load of hay goes down the road on steel wheels?

Another thing that gets me is the "Prevailing Wage". Just excatly where does that wage prevail. I just love it when someone who works for a certain dollar amount, and now works on a government funded job where money is no object and receives 3 times as much pay for the same job because the taxpayers are footing the bill. No Competetition. The root of all evil.

Next, think about this truck owners...
Your Ford, Dodge and Chevy Trucks are NOT made here in the US. Toyota trucks ARE. Honda Cars ARE. Makes you wonder doesn't it.

Vietnam: Having as Steve said, "not been there" as I was born about the time it was underway, I will defer from that subject. My Cousin however, (Former Cousin) also was subjected to Agent Orange and died in August, the next to last person from his company. 1 Remains. Amazing, the government had no handouts ready there either. All these handouts are misdirected grossly. Like a few above, He never asked for one. Officially, he didn't die of exposure to AO either.

Phil

We will make changes in Washington.
grin.gif

Have a good one and thanks for the infomation.

Later
DC

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Not having one, I guess you really don't know squat about the subject of diesel trucks then do you? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never had gay sex either. That does not mean I don't have an opinion. I will leave that one up to others thank you very much.
shocked.gif

Don't tell me that as President you plan to never trust the advice of others. If you are truly all-knowing, then President is to low of an office for you.

When it comes to trucks, I know what I have a preference for.

[ 10-23-2003: Message edited by: QuietHunter ]

QH

You said;
"Don't tell me that as President you plan to never trust the advice of others. If you are truly all-knowing, then President is to low of an office for you."

I do trust the "GOOD" advice of others "if" they have had some experiance in what they are talking about.
You don't, when it comes to diesels. You have stated that you have never owned one. That speaks volumns in itself.

That's on the same level as someone who "never, used or owned" a longrange rifle and having him tell you something or everything about it? If a person never owned or operated a longrange rifle, he don't know sqaut about that asopect of shooting either.

I will "always" listen to those who have experiance with anything that will help preserve this great nation.
That again is why I want to do away with Jap engines in domestic trucks.
Not a good situation (Jap engine Imports)especially if we want to keep as many jobs and funds "IN" America.
Since you don't have a diesel anyway, that shouldn't really bother you at all.

Keep driving the gas trucks but don't complain when the gas prices keep going up and the Diesel fuel goes down because of reduced cost of the refinery production of fuel oils.

Wyo (Ric) has had experiance with Diesels and he pulls a lot of weight in my cabinet.

Every leader listens to his cabinet members for the best information he can possibly have. I am no exception.
I am assembling mine from the experiance they have gathered on the foreign and domestic fronts in war time and piece time.

On another important note;
I'm certainly glad you have "not" had gay sex either.
If you had, you would be one I would be sending back to Cuba in the boats along with the "known" fags and "spiked hair" odd balls.
Since you mentioned you have never induldged, your safe.

Anyway, keep driving the Chevy (gas) trucks as they are not on the list to stop manufacturing or production of.
"Only" the Jap Diesel engines that go in them are on the "Non-Import" list at present.
grin.gif
grin.gif

We are staying with Detroit, International and Cummins diesels in all American trucks, even though Ford, Chevy and Dodge are made/assembled in Canada and Mexico.

Got to get going, have a load of wood to pull back to PA today with my "diesel."

Always nice talking with a fellow tax payer in this great Country.

DC
smile.gif

PS--Don't be doing or saying anything behind my back while I'm on the road.
grin.gif

YEE HAA ---Dodge Ram Diesel is going down the highway.
tongue.gif

One real nice thing about a Duranax (Jap) diesel is, they can run on "rice" instead of Diesel fuel.
grin.gif
grin.gif
I guess that's a plus?

[ 10-24-2003: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]

I formulated my opinion on the advice of others. And my mechanic can beat up your mechanic
tongue.gif

While I do not own one, I grew up around diesels of many different types. Trucks, Semi's, Tractors, heavy equipment an such. I was not expecting you to take my side. Just respect the opinions of others. Sometimes too much to ask in any sort of leader I guess.

Would your opinion be different if you did not own a Dodge diesel? Is it possible a Jap offering is better than the American ones, but because it is Japanese it is not even considered?

Have fun pulling your wood today. I am gonna take a long lunch and go shooting. Applying expert knowledge I got from others.

BTW My Silverado was made in Indiana.

QH

The way the Japanese screwed over us on the import and export balance many years ago, I will "NEVER" be for a Jap product coming into this country from abroad. I haven't even got to Pearl Harbor yet and that's another sore spot.
True, they are building a decent product here in the States and giving jobs to our work force. This only balances out the jobs we are giving to those workers in Canada and Mexico, with our domestic trucks, Thanks to Bill Clinton.

I'm glad you are going out shooting to "Learn" from the advice of others you have aquired from the shooting forums.
This also applies to diesels. You and I can both learn from the experiance of Diesel owners across this great nation.

One advantage I have is, I have owned some of them and drive them dailey.

I'm also glad you have been around semis and other heavy haulers which I have been also.

The best over the road heavy diesels has always been the Cat, Cummins & Mercedes and I think you have heard that.

If I didn't own a Dodge Diesel or "ANY" diesel for that matter, I would still be against a Jap diesel being imported into this Country and many of my Cabinet feel the same way.

We are trying to rid this country of rice burner imports.
Lets get back to good old US pruducts.

Hope your shooting goes well. As soon as the leaves are off the mountains in PA, I will be doing the same thing in preperation of Buck season.

Sorry to say it looks like the Colorado trip will not be happening this year (after 13 years straight) because of my wifes foot. She wants me to go on out by myself and hunt with my friends there, but I wouldn't do that without her.

Later
DC
wink.gif

PS--You must have an old Chevy if it was made in Indiana?

[ 10-24-2003: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]

DC,

You know I love Carol to death but, no Colorado? You still have that chain saw and some hickory? Six hour of cutting and sanding aint much work for a new foot! I know she wants to go just as bad as you ....so she might want to "bit the bullet" and get on your way!
wink.gif

cya, Vern

DC, sorry, no diesel in my yard. '86 Chev c10 w/305 and 360,000 miles. 2000 Impala, 3.8.

I avoid products made outside the U.S. to the extent practical, and those from the orient like the plague. IMO, we will go to war with China in my life and I have no desire to give them aid in any form.

Number of folks that I worked with until retirement last week
grin.gif
have the full array of domestic diesel trucks. They are nifty if you have a purpose for them, but these boys and girls(no typo) are just struttin' their stuff. Give me a short bed 4 WD gas auto, and I'm happy. Any of the big three will do.

Very sorry to hear you will not be making it this year. If it were practical to fly you and your gear to Denver, I would take you up for at least a few days. Based on what I know you use, I am guessing you cant fit it all in a big duffle.
I will be shooting a 338 RUM that pushes 300 SMK's at 2750fps today. It is intended to be a less than 1000 yard learning gun, but for now I am only making drop charts out to 600 yards. Simpley applying knowledge within the limitations I have, or am imposing on myself. My brother will be using the gun for a cow elk hunt that starts November 1st. Our goal is to apply the knowledge and will try to document the results. Fun to shoot, and when the barrel gets shot out a longer barrel will be out on to allow it to shoot some real distances.
I will also be working on loads for my 300 SAUM. I have some really accurate loads, but nothing with a good, high BC bullet. Running a ladder today with 180 Game King over I4350. If that does not turn out well I will try a 175 or 190 SMK. I have a late season cow tag that should give me ample chance to try it out.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> PS--You must have an old Chevy if it was made in Indiana?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
When I got in my truck this morning I checked inside the door and realized I was wrong. My 99 Silverado was made in Indiana. I thought my 2002 was also, but it appears to me made in Canada (nothing wrong with Canadians - just their government). I believe my brother's 2003 Duramax was made in Indiana.

Vern and QH

Vern

I am working on the hickory now since I just got back to Driftwood, PA.
It is still up in the air as far as our Colorado hunt is concerned.
We shall see because the day to leave would be Monday and Tuesday at the latest.
She likes the camping as much as the hunting when we are out there.
I'll keep you informed.

QH

Get all my stuff in A duffle bag?????
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

I have to have a truck to haul it all in. I also pull a trailer with the camping stuff.

As I mentioned before, if I'm out there, your welcomed to come and hunt with us.
Bring the horses, we don't allow Chevys near our hunting or camping area.
grin.gif
grin.gif
Chevys probably wouldn't make it back to where we are anyway?

Have your brother or whoever has the Duromax
check where his was made?
I believe they are assembled in Canada to.
Your right, nothing wrong with the Canadians.

Anyway, take care and I have to go sand some hickory now.

Our sparring has been fun.

Later
DC
smile.gif

Max

Good thought on the truck and I agree with you.

Gas engines are for some and those who need more power or are on the road a lot do honestly need a diesel.

Any of the three will do for most purposes.

Later and good hunting to everyone.
DC

DC,

I would really like a motorized shooting bench, with 15x42 monster mudder tires and a lazy boy recliner.Is that to "freakin" much to ask?

I would like to deer hunt more this year and just can't get up and down these dang mountains here in VA so good anymore.

Being disabled, I would like to see more access to hunting area's!!!!!

Oh yeah, alittle heat in that recliner wouldn't be bad either! Army thought me that when your butt goes numb your head is right behind it
grin.gif

Grand Daddy used to say "it a poor **** do when you can't do for yourself". Now I know what he was talking about
frown.gif

Y'all take care, Vern

Vern

How about if we mount that "lazy-Boy" on my 4 wheeler?

WE can rig up the seat heater and with the racks, you can mount your table and rifle to?

That would get you in since it's 4 wheel drive.
grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.