To help get you motivated for yote blast'in!

Discussion in 'Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards' started by BigBamBoo, Nov 17, 2010.

1. BigBamBoo

BigBamBoo Well-Known Member

2. younggun

younggun Active Member

i love camo you were sporting in the first half lol. Great movie thanks for sharing it with us.

3. BigBamBoo

What I have learned about coyote hunting...camo is waaayyyy overrated for yote hunting. They see movement very well and rely on their nose. Colors do not seem to make a difference.

I now have some very expensive camo clothing that just sits in the closet.

Take care,Stan

4. cinch

cinch Well-Known Member

Real nice video, Stan. I agree 100% on the clothes. I've called them in wearing jeans and a t-shirt before.

5. roninflag

roninflag Well-Known Member

is that tikka a .243?? i think there was a stainless and a blued model. what state are you calling these coyotes in?? thanks for the video. roninflag

6. BigBamBoo

I used two different Tikka T3's in the video...both stainless steel. One is a .223 and one was a .243 that I had the barrel chopped down to 16 1/2" and a Vais muzzle brake installed.
    Below is some pictures of it.

My buddy liked that rifle so much he went out and bought a blued one (.243) and did the same thing to it.

Take care,Stan

[​IMG]

7. joe_25-06

joe_25-06 Member

Very nice video. which foxpro calls were you using. I want to go yote hunting now but it is deer season where I live and I cant bring by rifle out in the woods because during deer season only shotguns are allowed.

8. BigBamBoo

The call in the video clips was the FoxPro OCC (Open Country Call)... I don't think they make that model anymore. I now use the Prairie Blaster...the one in the pic above.

Take care,Stan

9. Rabbiddog

Rabbiddog Well-Known Member

Man I'm running into you everywhere. I see my Tikka in here,But am I really that hard to look at?