Tipping standard for a hunting guide?

I once invited a group of hunters to hunt with me in Hawaii. The night before the start of our hunt, one of them mentioned that his partner on a previous hunt gave a guide his rifle after taking a nice mulie buck , so I asked him if that offer would be made on this hunt if I got him a gold medal axis buck. He said yes. Well on the second day, I put him on a really good buck and after several misses, the buck was down. That evening over dinner, I asked about the rifle and got no answer. He and his partner were never invited back to hunt with me!!!

I once invited a group of hunters to hunt with me in Hawaii. The night before the start of our hunt, one of them mentioned that his partner on a previous hunt gave a guide his rifle after taking a nice mulie buck , so I asked him if that offer would be made on this hunt if I got him a gold medal axis buck. He said yes. Well on the second day, I put him on a really good buck and after several misses, the buck was down. That evening over dinner, I asked about the rifle and got no answer. He and his partner were never invited back to hunt with me!!!
I would not hunt again with anyone that welches on a deal either, but what you were negotiating was compensation for delivering a specific outcome. In this case a fee for a specific trophy level animal. That isn't a tip in my mind.

I would not hunt again with anyone that welches on a deal either, but what you were negotiating was compensation for delivering a specific outcome. In this case a fee for a specific trophy level animal. That isn't a tip in my mind.
Yes you are right!! Of the 6 hunters that showed up, I only knew 2 of them previously. As several of these guys were multi millionaires, they thought they were on a safari and that everything would be done for them, like getting their bags from baggage claim to our vehicles. I kinda of expected everyone would handle their own stuff as this was not supposed to be a guided hunt and originally I only invited the two brothers that I knew. It kinda ****ed me off that they expected me to do all this for them. I spent most of my time making sure we had everything needed in the morning and that the animals taken were properly stored in a cold locker. From now on I carry no ones bags but my own unless I WANT to help with shared chores.