Tikka t3 vs rem 700 vs savage vs vanguard

califoriahunter

Hey out there so I'm looking at getting my girlfriend a new rifle but not sure what to get I'm between a Vanguard tr the tikka t3 or a Remington 700 what do u all think?

Get a rifle that fits her. Savage makes two very good women friendly rifles. The Lightweight Hunter (5.5 lbs.) and the Lady Hunter (6 lbs.). The have a shorter length of pull.

My wife shoots a Lady Hunter in .243 and loves it.

You can shorten the lenght of pull for her on any of them that have a wooden stock. Or let her try a youth model and see how that fits her. Or as suggested above try the Savage Ladyhunter rifle line tgey offer. But I think if you look at the lenght of pull it's real close to a youth model.

Let her pick up and shoulder all of her favorite rifles and see what she likes, fits her shoulder length of pull, looks and style, ETC. If she like it she will shoot it more. A 243 or 25-06 would be a good caliber. IMO

To much is up to her. I found many women don't like the 308. I always use the lightest recoil I can an still ethically kill my game. I like the .243 or 300 blk out. For deer and pig size animals. Factory ammo is available for both at almost all sporting goods stores. The 243 will kick more but me much more capable past 300 yards give or take. It will also be easier under 300 yards as she wont have to worry as much about bullet drop. If your interested in a wildcat check out the 6x45. I'm having one built for my wife and recoil sensitive shooters. It is simply a 223 brass necked up to 243. Shoots 95 gr bullets around 2600 fps out of a 18 inch barrel give or take a few fps.

Ya the main reason I was thinking 308 is cuz she wants to go to colorado with me for elk and mule deer she has been the last 5 years and now wants to try and hunt herself. And able to kill at 300 yrds

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.