tikka t3 lite

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by lrbeginner, Sep 30, 2011.

1. lrbeginner

lrbeginner Member

hi
    i'm thinking to buy tikka t3 lite 300 win mag and use it for 500-800 yards hunting....is there any better rifle for that money ... any other suggestions ??:)

2. TikkaShooters

TikkaShooters Official LRH Sponsor

It's tough to beat a Tikka in price and accuracy!

I'll have a long action DBM available for the Tikka shortly as well. This will give you more flexibly when seating VLD bullets.

3. ShooterMedic

ShooterMedic Well-Known Member

I would have to second that.

4. liltank

liltank Well-Known Member

For those distances, you may want to consider a smaller caliber. Just a thought. There are many non-magnum calibers that will work efficiently to 800yds.

Tank

5. T3-OleMan

T3-OleMan Well-Known Member

Yep! "tikka t3 SS lite 338 win mag" .....6.44lb!

All you will need is a LimbSaver butt pad.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  6. TikkaShooters

TikkaShooters Official LRH Sponsor

I actually just bought one and am waiting for my limbsaver before taking it to the range!

7. bbutturff

bbutturff Well-Known Member

I have a Tikka T3 in 300 WSM and it shoots best (unfortunately) with max or near book max loads. I have no trouble sending 180 gr bullets down range at 3000+ fps. The recoil was tolerable for hunting but miserable for load development. After adding a Limbsaver recoil pad, Harris bi-pod and a muzzle brake I can shoot it all day wearing only a t-shirt and I'm more accurate too. Sure it weighs 8 1/2 lbs but I don't care. Also, don't expect the factory scope rings to hold up under all that pounding. Get one-piece mounts from Talley or DNZ. Just my 2 cents worth.

8. bkondeff

bkondeff Well-Known Member

I just picked up an a-bolt with a Bell & Carlson Medalist, which my gunsmith is very fond of for the money. I understand they are available now for the t-3, which may make a good future upgrade. They say they are a drop in stock, but my Browning definetely needed some customization, which took it from a 2.0moa to a .6moa(400yds).

Bell & Carlson Tikka T3 Lite Hunter Stock with Full Length Aluminum Block