Tikka T3 Lite

You will most likely need to put a brake on it. That gun is very light and with that cartridge it will have quite a kick to it. Very accurate gun right out of the box, get a new trigger spring for it on ebay, just search Tikka and it wil come up, get the varmint one, I love mine.

I am not a very experienced long range hunter but I have been shooting targets at 4-600 yards occasionally for several years and I am confident that my left hand t3 300wsm will be sufficient for up to 1000 yard for deer. I have been getting pretty consistent .5 MOA accuracy out of it and All I did was set the trigger down as low as it would go, installed a limbsaver recoil pad, and added a cheek support. I am very satisfied with mine and am planning to be set up for 800 yard white tails next season. I will just have to practice much more often before I committ to a shot like that.

I think he means well suited handloads. Play around and find the one that shoots the best. I've had the best luck with 180 gr Accubonds and h4350 powder. I had no luck with 165 grain bullets and the 200 on up take up too much case capacity. You are limitedd in the tikka for the Cartidge overall lenght because of the magazine and I wasn't able to get the bullet seated close to the rifleing because of this. However, I found that my particular rifle shot best with the bullets seated at max magazine length (possibly a little lucky). So inother words I shoot with a little freebore and I'm OK with that. I was using fireformed win cases (neck sized that is) and they shot very good for about 3 or so loadings. After that I started experienceing tight bott fit and more fliers. So I am currently experimenting with partial FL resizing and CCI BR2 primers (hard to come by now) to try to find another load that will give me consistent .5 or less MOA groups.

Also, I forgot to mention that I did take the stock out and opened up the barrel channel towards the end of the barrel to make sure that it wouldn't touch when I shoot off of a bipod. Min

I have the Tikka T3 in a 25/06 and I like the weight for a backpack gun. I think the gun in a 300 might beat you up a little. I agree with Tikka Lover. Put a brake on it.
Good luck

Thanks for the input guys. I am reloading so hopefully I will be able to get some good accuracy.

I was also wondering, has anyone tried the Tikka T3 Varmint Stainless in .300WSM. It has the bull barrel, and a slightly different stock.

Thanks for the input guys. I am reloading so hopefully I will be able to get some good accuracy.

I was also wondering, has anyone tried the Tikka T3 Varmint Stainless in .300WSM. It has the bull barrel, and a slightly different stock.

tikka varmints come in 223 22-250 and 308. Beretta USA Product Catalog - Rifles

Before you spend the cash to brake the rifle, try the limbsaver recoil pad --- much much softer on the shoulder than the factory one and it only cost about $30. I shoot mine in the summer a fair amount and sure my shoulder does get sore, but it's not like your going to shoot 15 rounds in a row all the time -- it isn't a varmint rifle. Hunting big game you only get a couple rounds at most.

Before you spend the cash to brake the rifle, try the limbsaver recoil pad --- much much softer on the shoulder than the factory one and it only cost about $30. I shoot mine in the summer a fair amount and sure my shoulder does get sore, but it's not like your going to shoot 15 rounds in a row all the time -- it isn't a varmint rifle. Hunting big game you only get a couple rounds at most.[/quote]

I could agree more. I use a Tikka T3 Lite in 300 Win mag, and it does kick like a mule. I bought it for one reason only. you start tracking a Moose or start walk through muskeg and you'll understand. when all you ever take is 3 (at the most) shots moose hunting why would you carry a 11 poud gun. with my ultralite bi pod the lite only weight in a 6 3/8 lbs (pretty sure).

As for loads, I must agree the 180s are nice (but I am shooting the traditional 300 WM not the WSM. I do however like the 168gr SMK moly coated. but like everything it really depends where/what you are hunting. I fund myself sluggin it through the bush once in a while. so i reach for the 220gr round nose and shoot through the tree the moose is behind

I have a T3 Lite LH in 270 Win, it is a 1/2 MOA shooter. It is the most dependable factory rifle I have ever owned. I understand alot of other guys are seeing similar performance from their T3's. All I have on my T3 is a Leupold VX1 2-7x32 scope. I think with a higher power of scope I would be able to tighten up my groups even more.
For a factory rifle, the Tikka's are very good. You can spend several k-bucks more and only gain a 1/4 moa. Know what I mean?
In a T3 Lite, and without a muzzle break, any of the 300 Mags will be plain and simply mean to shoot. FWIW I put a limb saver on my custom M700 BDL in 300 Wby Mag (27.5" bbl), even though it weighs 11.5 lbs and I do not regret that decision.
You will be very pleased with the Tikka rifles.
Don

I have two Tikka's, a 270 wsm and a 22-250 and my hunting partner has a 270. All 3 shoot sub-moa with hand loads.

As I toy with the idea of building a "custom" gun those Tikka's are in the back of my mind with a naging question, "$500 for a .75 MOA Tikka or $1,500 or $2,500 for .5" MOA (maybe), is it worth it?"

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.