Tikka T3 lite... How to get more weight?

Hey,

I have a Tikka T3 lite in 30-06. I´m very satisfied with this Rifle but i want to get extra weight.

What are my options to get more weight? As far as i know is the Stock hollow. Is there a possibility to put lead pellets in the stock and add some cotton? On top maybe Silicon an than put the recoil Pad on his place.

Are there any other options i can take?

I hope i have worded my question naturally...

Thanks a lot for your help :)

Greetings

Pascal

Last edited:
Have you thought about putting lead shot in some accra-glass. Seems like it should work but kind of depends where you want to add weight, such as the forearm area, if you want to add weight to the butt you might see about a mercury recoil reducer such as is used by shotgunners all over the place. I also have a tikka and think a little more weight would be good thing, not so much for recoil but to help steady the rifle.

Midway USA use to have mercury tubes you can put in the buttstock and / or on the forearm area. I don't have the big calibers in a Tikka T-3 Lite but I have taken the recoil pad off and filled it with expandting foam then quickly put the recoil pad back on to get rid of the "hollow" sound it had. You could probably put some weight in there and foam it if you were sure that weight you added was enough.

Jason

Last edited:
Hey

I have now made the following...

First i have taken the recoil pad off and started to fill with cotton wool. Then i weighed 500 grams lead and filled it in the Stock. Next, again cotton wool and press it firmly togehter. Then i put the recoil pad back on.

Now the Tikka no longer sounds hollow and the weight is very good.

Today i will go to the shooting Range to test. I will then report back how it was.

Thank you for your help :)

Greetings
Pascal

Please let us know how it worked out... I like your idea.. Just don't forget the fore-end of the stock to maybe tame muzzle rise... Just a thought!

Jason

Last edited:
Hi,

I´m back from the shooting Range. The Tikka shoots perfectly. With the additional weight of 500 Grams there are almost no muzzle rize.

In summary i´m very satisfied with my work.

If you have any questions i will answer them gladly

Greets
Pascal

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.