Thread Hi-Jacking: Personal Assaults Becoming Norm?

It's the abuse I'm speaking to - as in used as a weapon.
How can ignoring someone be a weapon?

Do I owe them something? Is it their right to gnaw on whoever they want, whenever they want? You don't have to explain if you don't want to... but why is ignoring someone a problem?

What solution do you think would be better than ignoring them? Have you ever tried to reason with these people? lol See, for them, it's a game. They are anonymous, so they can say whatever they want. Even for those that aren't playing a game, and they really are that way... cognitive dissonance is very real. The more facts, data, and evidence you provide... the harder they will dig into their opposing stance. It doesn't matter that they have zero experience with the topic at hand... they will not EVER back down because their childhood trauma believes that is a sign of weakness.

So what would you have people do if not ignore them? Fight it out? I've got rounds to load, students to train, products to develop, videos to shoot/edit, photos to take/edit, rifles to assemble/shoot, emails to answer, PM's to respond to, and phone calls to take from people that are desperate for my help. I completely understand and appreciate you've already provided me with much consideration, being a vendor and all... but even a regular poster on here that isn't in the industry, why should he get gnawed on daily without recourse?

I'm genuinely curious if you have a different solution, because this is a serious problem among genuine people that care on here.

Thanks for the balancing view. 🤠 I have nowhere near your forum experience and get what you're saying. It doesn't sound like you abuse the feature. Someone wiser than me put it there. It's the abuse I'm speaking to - as in used as a weapon. I made some edits to my post to clarify.

IMO, it's hard to see how withdrawing from confrontation equates to "a weapon," though. It's a bit like, say, making a deliberate choice to use a different route when walking between one's home and town, to avoid the bullies along the old route. Depends on one's perspective, of course.

How can ignoring someone be a weapon?

Do I owe them something? Is it their right to gnaw on whoever they want, whenever they want? You don't have to explain if you don't want to... but why is ignoring someone a problem?

What solution do you think would be better than ignoring them? Have you ever tried to reason with these people? lol See, for them, it's a game. They are anonymous, so they can say whatever they want. Even for those that aren't playing a game, and they really are that way... cognitive dissonance is very real. The more facts, data, and evidence you provide... the harder they will dig into their opposing stance. It doesn't matter that they have zero experience with the topic at hand... they will not EVER back down because their childhood trauma believes that is a sign of weakness.

So what would you have people do if not ignore them? Fight it out? I've got rounds to load, students to train, products to develop, videos to shoot/edit, photos to take/edit, rifles to assemble/shoot, emails to answer, PM's to respond to, and phone calls to take from people that are desperate for my help. I completely understand and appreciate you've already provided me with much consideration, being a vendor and all... but even a regular poster on here that isn't in the industry, why should he get gnawed on daily without recourse?

I'm genuinely curious if you have a different solution, because this is a serious problem among genuine people that care on here.
Good questions. I've engaged with folks as you describe but you face it on a bigger scale than I do, I'm sure. You gotta do what works for you.

For myself, I've been just trying to scroll by stuff that seems of little value (or worse). I say trying. There are exceptions - the double-standard thing.

But let me start here... Since I haven't used the feature, you might have to explain how it works. I assumed that when you "ignore" someone, you're the only one who doesn't see their posts. So, they can keep undermining you or your products and you're the only one who doesn't see it? Guess I'll have to try it after all, so I know how it works. Where should I start? 😜 A little like when it was time to start thinking about dating - it was "man, now who of the bunch is it gonna be?" (spoiler - I ended up really lucky in the end) 🤠

I figure there would be an honorable way to appeal to a forum manager if things become too objectionable.

For me it becomes a weapon when "I don't like or agree with what you're saying, so I'm going to ignore you". On the other hand, when its character/ego related (not unlike some of what you described), I can see where you're coming from. But can you just let it go?

We are made up differently, that's why I gave the caveat on its use. Do what works for you but do it with integrity is what I'm after.

I figure there would be an honorable way to appeal to a forum manager if things become too objectionable.
75 times in 7 months? I would feel sorry for that forum manager.

But can you just let it go?
For the first 20 years, that's exactly what I did. Day after day, as the same 0.06% insulted me day after day, month after month, year after year.

Now, its as if they don't exist. It's better this way. :)

This is my last post in this thread. I thought I was going to post up maybe a thoughtful "I'm done in this thread". Seriously, what on earth could I have thinking? Or maybe drinking? Its obvious "Me Tarzan" is alive and well.

What drives the thought process if I cannot convince you, I will attack you? Why does someone HAVE to have validation of their opinions? If someone is thumping chest and nobody answers, its just an empty meaningless echo. Its like an echo in an empty unpopulated valley. The sound waves disappear into nothingness along with the narcissism. (I prefer DuckDuckGo to look up)

Personally, I will offer data that I have, you don't like it, ok. Think I am crazier than bedbug.? Who cares. Don't like my opinions? I don't give 2 .....'s.

I am secure in my own very old age spotted skin which some probably find gross. Its time for others to do the same IMO.

@xsn10s: very disappointed in your selection of Snickers. Why wasn't it Milky Way? You know its better in every aspect. 😂

And yes, it was a simpler time to just make fun of 6.5 Man Buns. All in good jest.

I hope everyone has a great week and be safe.

Last edited:
Wacky Races Lol GIF by Boomerang Official

In my opinion If someone is ignoring 70+ people. The problem isn't everyone else. The problem is that type of individual hasn't been delt with.
You're certainly welcome to your opinion.
IMO its a bit short sided. I've been on this forum for a number of years and have encountered people like "mudrunner". Over time the numbers add up. I also periodically check the ignored list and see the ratio of posts/likes. It's very revealing as to the quality of their posts.
Since you directly/indirectly referenced me....it speaks rather poorly of you. You know nothing about me to make this assertion. Since I don't want to interact with individuals that speak with such vitriol, you assume I'm the problem. My ratio of posts/likes is 1/1.7....this indicates I post quality comments.
The ignore button allows me and others to smoothe out the "rough edges". Probably the reason it's an option built into the forum.
I and presumably nearly all members here welcome diverse discussions. It allows us to learn, consider, and add information. When a lack of civility and name calling starts... I'm out. You could pick any of these 3 terms and start an civil war on this forum: Berger, Hammer, 6.5 Creedmoor.

To illustrate the point... I'm not calling you a bad person or think that you're wrong for not using the ignore function. At the same time you insinuate there's something wrong with me because I do.