Thoughts on which action to order

canderson

I have just sold my 30-378 accumark, and I am looking to start a full custom build in a larger 7MM. I have been looking at the BAT HRPIC and the stiller equivalent (Predator extreme, I believe). Looking for any thoughts or opinions between the two actions from owners and builders. Is the BAT worth the extra $ over the Stiller. I am going to try to stay in the 10# range for a finished rifle with a nightforce. Any and all help is greatly appreciated as I am trying to get started, so the rifle will be finished by next year.

Chris

While I love the bat actions I have recently found that thier tolerances are a little tight for hunting. If bat and stiller are your only choices I have to say go with the stiller. You may want to consider Lawton also. I personally am a big fan of the Lawton actions, due to a little reloading accident and the way the lawton action held up.

Thanks Eddybo,

I think I remember reading your post several months ago. The only thing that concerns me with a lawton is the weight. I think (using my great memory here) that it weights a considerable amount more than a BAT or Stiller.

I never noticed my lawton 7000 being any heavier than even a factory remington. I try not to pack the guns too far.....just shoot further:)

Thanks Eddybo,

I think I remember reading your post several months ago. The only thing that concerns me with a lawton is the weight. I think (using my great memory here) that it weights a considerable amount more than a BAT or Stiller.

Good point Eddybo. I probably should be more worried about the accuracy than the weight.

Also, I believe that the surgeon actions are heavier than the stiller or BAT

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.