Thoughts on Weaver Super Slam 3-15x50

jasonprox700

I've been looking at these for awhile and they seem to be a pretty decent buy, especially since I can get one for under $400. I really like the power range. The 3x is about right for low end power for calling coyotes and deer hunting, and the 15x would be nice for long range paper punching. BTW, this will be going on an Oly Arms .243 WSSM which I will be using for hunting and plinking.

Also, If I go with this scope, I'm not sure if I should go with the Illuminated Duplex or the EBX reticle. My thinking is the illumination would be great for early morning or right when it starts getting dark. My thinking is that I can always "dial up" for longer shots.

Weaver 3-15x50 Super Slam Rifle Scope Illuminated
Weaver 3-15x50 Super Slam Rifle Scope EBX

Last edited:
I have this model in a Nitrex and got a great deal on the Natchez Shooter's Supply closeout and rebate. ($230). I have it on a Savage 110 build in 6.5-.284, and shot a 2.75" three shot group at 700 yds last week with it.
My take;
- very VERY good glass
- turrets work great for dial up
- you are correct, skip the EBX and get the standard plex and dial the elevation
- I love illum. reticles, but there were a lot of people having trouble with these, so I passed. Some sent them back for repair more than once. I guess you could still use it if it quit on you, however. You may want to research this and decide for yourself which way to go.
- I think you would be happy with this scope, I am for sure.

I got one of the Nitrex scopes from Natchez as well, mine is a 2-10. The glass is pretty darn good and the adjustments are spot on. The only down fall is when turned up to 10 the eye box is really picky, but for $160 (after rebate) who cares.
That and it's marked 1/4" and is 1/4 MOA. :rolleyes:

I just put a 3-15x50 Super Slam on my 458 SOCOM a couple weeks ago. I also got it thru Natchez.
The glass is pretty clear,I really like the turrets,the clicks are precise and tight. The side focus turns well,not too hard/easy. It has very good eye relief at all magnifications.

For the price,it's a great scope. Now we'll just have to see if it holds up to the 458,they're pretty hard on optics.

005-1.jpg

I think you will be happy with it. I bought one of the Nitrex on closeout and ended up buying three all 3-15X42. They are the same scope as the Weaver Super Slam. Glass equal to my Nikon Monarch and they track much better.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.