Weaver Super Slam???

TANK74

I am looking at a Weaver Super slam 4-20x50 30mm scope for my browning stainless stalker .325wsm. I currently have a Burris Fullfield II 3-10x50 on it. I am wanting a higher power for the 325 and put the Burris on a old BAR 7mag to replace an old Redfield. I have found the Weaver's for around $600. I am just looking for some info and suggestions. Also curious about rings and bases for both guns.

I have a 2-10 version and think it is a GREAT scope for what I paid for it, less than 1/3 of the price you are prepared to pay. Is it $600 great? I don't think so, my opinion. The Weaver tacticals are a little more money and from what I've heard a pretty darn good scope. I would be tempted by the $300 one midway sells, if you can stomach mil/mil.:D

If it were me, I would go with the Super Slam 3-15x50 instead for hunting. Ample magnification for hunting, no loss of field of view compared to your current 3-10x50, and 1/4 MOA knobs (my preference), compared to 1/8 MOA for the 4-20. The 4-20 is more of a target scope, IMHO.

I like the Super Slam line - good optics and no MAP price limitations means you can get a good value online.

Thanks for the info. I'm still not real sure what I want to do. Any ideas on this caliber of scope in the $600 range?

Here are some good options in that price range. Both good scopes and decent values.

Bushnell Elite Tactical 5-15 x 40mm - $450

Elite Tactical Rifle Scope 5-15x 40mm Adjustable Objective Mil-Dot Reticle Matte

Vortex Viper 4-16 x 44mm - $550

Viper HS Long Range Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 4-16x 44mm Side Focus Dead-Hold BDC Reticle Matte

My friend has a Weaver and they are well regarded. The tactical series is all Japanese made and good quality scopes. They are comparable to the Bushnell scopes in the same price range.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts