This morning mighty fine shooting imo.

Ohlongarm

This very large male was chewing on what's left of a rib cage, I watched him for 15 minutes no lethal shot was presented, as he was under a fallen ash tree.
Suddenly all that I saw was an open mouth as he took a breather from chewing on bones , I put a 204 24 grain Hornady NTX directly in his mouth and into his gullet total annihilation, the shot flipped him 6 feet from where he was. Warning one photo may be too graphic for some. Tongue blown in half and back of throat gone. In gs 2 jpg look close you can see where the bullet lifted his lip on the right side and entered mouth and gullet wreaking havoc, the shot was the only one I had and i took it the TC venture is like shooting a laser sighted in one inch high at 100 hold dead center on anything out to 300 yards. Know where your rifle shoots before you pull the trigger you'll get results.

Attachments

• gs.jpg
    gs.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 731
  • gs1.jpg
    gs1.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 659
  • gs2.jpg
    gs2.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 659
  • gs3.jpg
    gs3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 667
Last edited:
Nice coyote good shot !

Years ago when there were very few coyotes in Southern Eastern Michigan I shot a all black coyote while it was sitting and just happened to open its mouth put the 223 bullet right in it mouth fell over on the spot bullet didn't even exit....couldn't even tell other than a couple drops of blood no damage at all....
Shot a all cream color one in the UP several years ago right in the mouth facing me with a 22-250 only broke a couple teeth bullet never exited ....made a beautiful rug....

It's a rush to be able to get close to predators with out them knowing you are there . It's also an art to have the patience to wait for a good shot . Self control comes easy for some but not all can master it . Well done I have tried to teach it to others and only a few grasp it time will have to be their teachers I guess .

It's a rush to be able to get close to predators with out them knowing you are there . It's also an art to have the patience to wait for a good shot . Self control comes easy for some but not all can master it . Well done I have tried to teach it to others and only a few grasp it time will have to be their teachers I guess .
In six months I've passed on more coyotes than many will take in 5 years, my LE training has taught me this patience. as you said many cannot master it. I know if you have to pass this time next time you'll score and you didn't give the missed coyote an education since Monday three shots presented two taken two down.Patience is a virtue.

My cousin spotted a coyote moving through some old rag weed. I spotted a coyote just as he "he's gone". I replied, "no, I still see him". We realized that we seeing two different coyotes. They were almost 300 yards away. I couldn't get a clear shot because of the high weeds. Then the coyote stopped and squatted to answer a call of nature and in doing so his head rose above the weeds and that was all I could see. I aimed and and squeezed the trigger. Even though my M700 Varmint Special is pretty heavy, the .22-250 generated enough recoil that momentarily I lost him in the scope. When I reaquired him in the scope, I saw a puff of what I thought was snow and the coyote disappeared. It turned out to be hair. I said "I missed him". My cousin said ,"No, you hit him. I wonder how he pinched off that last one." Sure enough, when we retrieved him, he was laying on top of a pile of fresh excrement. I hit him in the neck just below the base of the skull.

My cousin spotted a coyote moving through some old rag weed. I spotted a coyote just as he "he's gone". I replied, "no, I still see him". We realized that we seeing two different coyotes. They were almost 300 yards away. I couldn't get a clear shot because of the high weeds. Then the coyote stopped and squatted to answer a call of nature and in doing so his head rose above the weeds and that was all I could see. I aimed and and squeezed the trigger. Even though my M700 Varmint Special is pretty heavy, the .22-250 generated enough recoil that momentarily I lost him in the scope. When I reaquired him in the scope, I saw a puff of what I thought was snow and the coyote disappeared. It turned out to be hair. I said "I missed him". My cousin said ,"No, you hit him. I wonder how he pinched off that last one." Sure enough, when we retrieved him, he was laying on top of a pile of fresh excrement. I hit him in the neck just below the base of the skull.
That's wrong! At least let him finish taking a dump!

This very large male was chewing on what's left of a rib cage, I watched him for 15 minutes no lethal shot was presented, as he was under a fallen ash tree.
Suddenly all that I saw was an open mouth as he took a breather from chewing on bones , I put a 204 24 grain Hornady NTX directly in his mouth and into his gullet total annihilation, the shot flipped him 6 feet from where he was. Warning one photo may be too graphic for some. Tongue blown in half and back of throat gone. In gs 2 jpg look close you can see where the bullet lifted his lip on the right side and entered mouth and gullet wreaking havoc, the shot was the only one I had and i took it the TC venture is like shooting a laser sighted in one inch high at 100 hold dead center on anything out to 300 yards. Know where your rifle shoots before you pull the trigger you'll get results.
how far was the shot?