Thinking seriously about a TITANIUM CARBON build looking for input

I have the same setup you are looking for done by pierce. Also did Ti, bolt and firing pins. Recoil lug is ti also my action screws. I did and eh5 thumbhole to aid in shootability.
I had pierce do the whole thing and love the rifle it's my go to.

I am not a huge fan of the Pierce TI action. I have shot 3 rifles that used them, and they are really sticky. 6.5CM, 6.5 SAUM, 7RM.

I have also shot 3 different rifles that use a Lone Peak TI action, my own included. Much smoother. 6CM, 7RM, 28 Nosler.

I am not a huge fan of the Pierce TI action. I have shot 3 rifles that used them, and they are really sticky. 6.5CM, 6.5 SAUM, 7RM.

I have also shot 3 different rifles that use a Lone Peak TI action, my own included. Much smoother. 6CM, 7RM, 28 Nosler.

Were those Pierce actions Cerakoted? My Pierce was silky smooth but it was Cerakoted. I have never had my hands on a LP.

A lot of great input and ideas. I just came across one I hadn't heard of BETTIN CUSTOM GUNS. Evidently they wrap there own carbon barrels. I see the build off someone else's action ( STILLER ). Has anyone heard of them? I can't seem to find anything except on their web sight. I am curious about them.

A number 4/ 5 fluted weights about as proof barrel. If you go proof then you don't really have any other options down the road. Biggest advantage is using full size breaks. I have owned a lone peak titanium action. They are not as smooth as a defiance action. But it was a nice action. A3 or manners EH1 is what I have and like a lot.

I have shot rifles built by Jon Beanland and GA Precision. Both gunsmiths build rifles that are extremely accurate. I'd bet Jon would build the rifle the way you want it.

I have the lone Peak Razor ti's all built as lightweight hunting rifles and can vouch for them being smoother than friends that run the pierces, I think it also has something to do with the pierce not running a guide/bind rail (not 100% if that's the correct terminology) if I remember correctly which can cause them to bind up easier similar to a Forbes. I would think lane precision or Ryan pierce would build what you want?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts