Things you eat........Or not

I ate mountain lion once, it tasted like someone pureed meat and then poured sand in it, freakin nasty!!!!

Dont mess with the testical festival man!! Until you have tried some fried up sliced calf nuts and a cold beer you dont know what your missin!!!!!

steve

I don't eat Tater Tots (I tried them once) nor Balut (never tried them). About everything else I've come across I've eaten but here are a few specials:

Crockpot possum sandwiches were very near the bottom end of edible (Wisconsin deer season fare, ONE TIME).

Frozen then thawed and cooked Brussel Sprouts are a little mushy, not a great food item in my book (in the Navy... I'm retired now and keep a fair distance from those baby cabbages).

Poorly prepared chitterlings (chitlins) are a good substitute for a possum sandwich but for little else. (Well prepared chitlins with greens and/or fried yellow squash are good.)

Liver that hasn't been cooked to shoe leather consistency is good (my mother didn't have a good recipe, my wife does).

Foods I really enjoy (a short listing or we'd be here all day);

Tapioca pudding
Spicy (hot) house lo mein
Trepang (sea cucumber)
Pumpkin Pie
Rosettes
Catholic Bagels with Diet Coke or coffee
Belgian Waffles with strawberries & cream

BarfLungs.jpg

Wild things I've eaten:
Deer, Elk, Moose, Bear, Cougar, Mountain Goat, Antelope, Rabbit, Rock Chuck, Rattle Snake, Beaver, & Big Horn Sheep. If it is meat I'd probably eat it. Cooked green vegtables however Ican't hardly stand to be in the same room with.

Shawn

Rocky Mountain Oysters cooked in the brandin' fire and washed dowm with strawberry soda pop. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Too many of them though and you spend a bunch of time behind 'the' bush /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Or stick 'em on a stick to roast 'em. Nuts on a stick. Been there, done that but no tee shirt.

Think I'll get some dry ice and send BB some. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I worked on a farm for many years, When it was time to calm the young bulls we knew what was for lunch when the bell rang. Deep fried steer raisins. This coming from the guy who just had a vasectomy last friday.

One of the local delights is the brain sandwich at the ordinary here in town. After my first wifes cooking, I can eat about anything.

My dad always told me that if your worried about what your eating,you need to go back to work cause your not hungry enough yet.........now wheres my can of cuitlacohe? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.