There’s something about a .308 Win and 168 SMKs

FireFlyFishing

I shot this group today with my Tikka 20" CTR. This is the first time I've taken it out to some distance. I think this is a keeper load. It's about a 3.5" group at 600 hundo!
IMG_4571.jpeg

I shot this group today with my Tikka 20" CTR. This is the first time I've taken it out to some distance. I think this is a keeper load. It's about a 3.5" group at 600 hundo!
View attachment 564910
Nice!

I have a new barrel for mine. Going to take off the 20" carbon and put a heavy one back on it. What is your load with these?

I picked up a Rem 700 special purpose police in .308 years ago and set it up for my Nephew who was in the Army sniper program. It's a 26" heavy barrel and it shoots the factory Black Hills 168 smk in one hole! Stupid accurate out to about 850 yards and seems to fall off after that. I bought 200 round of the Black Hills and still have a few. I will load when we run out, anyone know what powder Black Hills uses in that factory round? My guess is Varget. Nice shooting FireFlyFishing! Jason

43.5 grn of Varget!
Thanks. I am working on a load with 165 grain SGK's. The barrel has had less than 50 rounds down the barrel so far. After the brass is shot once, I seem to have better groups. So far it's shooting just under MOA at 100 yards with 43 to 45 grains of Varget. I hope it shoots as good as yours after break in.

Recent Posts