Re-barreling .308 to something big?

If by chance you might hunt a State that requires a cartridge under 1.8" and over 35 caliber....450 Bushmaster is a great cartridge for shots pushing 300 yards.....it also is the same bolt face as the 308....
Myself I developed a 160 gr. Flat Base Raptor in .451" available from Cutting Edge Bullets every deer except one that I have shot in the past 9 years were DRT several bucks close to 250 lbs field dressed....keeping to 38'000 psi in a 16" barrel no problem getting 2700 fps and safe in a AR-15.....start loading to 60'000 psi in a bolt action only no problem getting 3000 fps....

I am surprised that no one suggested the 9.3BM Requires a bolt face alteration but there is a good deal of information out there. Pretty well duplicates the 9.3x62 in a short action. Great bullets and a world of experience in Africa in the x62 form.

Since the sale of ssk the b&m line are sadly not being done.

Since the sale of ssk the b&m line are sadly not being done.
I just received last week the last B&M Rifle to be built by SSK in a Winchester 70 50 B&M SS it took over 2 years get it....
With the sales of SSK and J.D. Jones no longer involved in the business the new owners felt for a couple reasons in not building B&M cartridge rifles....
It is best to build a B&M rifle on a Winchester 70 CRF or a Ruger 77.....
If anybody would like to build a B&M Rifle contact Michael at [email protected]......he is the inventor of B&M Rifles he will help you any way possible to build a rifle he has reamers and loading dies and has helped on 100's of people build rifles.....I've had 4 built....
It's a shame a company like SSK for what ever reason there owners have decided not to build B&M cartridge rifles....what is a real waste is having a gunsmith like Brian Alberts working for them and not allowing him to build B&M rifles...

Myself I've had SSK work on and build rifles and pistols for me since the early 80's but now they don't do anything that requires me to use their business....I will look else were to have work done....it's a shame that new owners think so little of long time customers or building a product that nobody else had ....Michael would not allow any other gun builder to have access to reamers he had built for B&M Rifles because of the quilty SSK provided....

Yeah, after may years of searching I found a winchester stainless wssm to do a b&m super short. Took me a few years to long.

That's why this thread has me interested, a 308 bf kimber 84 or seven can build roughly the same external packaged for decent horsepower.

A bit of a misunderstanding, 9.3BS is based on a 350 Remington Mag case. Developed by John Barness and Charles Sisk. Fat fingered the name.