The good, bad, ugly, and entertainment of "Crazy ideas"

I built one, but I pushed the shoulder back slightly so I could seat 250+ bullets long. I wanted something that worked from a short barrel with a can that would feed from a 3.6" box and I think this does that well. It has about 10% more H20 capacity than a 338 win mag, almost the same as a 33 Nosler but without the rebated rim.

PXL_20221003_004751693.jpg

Left to Right: 7 LRM, my 338-375 with a 270 ELDX, 338 Win Mag, 375 Ruger, 300 RUM, 338 Lapua

all this talk about the Ruger/PRC case lately, like it's the coolest thing since sliced cheese

I remain unimpressed....

Where were all the dazzled & dazed when John Lazzeroni did it first ? probably bashing his cartridges like so many other "gun guys" ....

look at the 6.5 PRC & tell me that isn't a slightly altered knock off the Lazz cartridges .. same with 300 PRC/375 Ruger

Hornady ain't being straight about where they got the inspiration for their "all new" supa dupa long, long, long and far, far away shootin cartridges ......

I'll never own anything Hornady PRC for that reason, no credibility in their "innovation"

John Lazzeroni did this 20 years ago and now the shooting world is suddenly awed when the Hornady hype wakes them up

their is truly nothing new in the cartridge world, all there is ..... is how deep you wanna dig into your pockets for glossy, overly embellished ad campaigns

Just pointing out some facts most have forgotten, ignored or didn't know about ...

View attachment 330354

View attachment 330355
View attachment 330356
View attachment 330357
I always thought the Lazzeroni cartridges were based on the 416 Rigby case, ie. .580 rim and base diameters. That's interesting that some of them were .530 cases, I had no idea.

I would still argue that the "first" was Charles Newton but it goes to show that almost nothing is ever "new."

I always thought the Lazzeroni cartridges were based on the 416 Rigby case, ie. .580 rim and base diameters. That's interesting that some of them were .530 cases, I had no idea.

I would still argue that the "first" was Charles Newton but it goes to show that almost nothing is ever "new."
There's only so many ways to skin any cat and unless you want to start over with a clean sheet original case everyone is just using the same cases tweaked one way or another to come up with something, "original".

Crazy ideas…..🤔
I want to find a big 250 lb whitetail, where his primary bedding area is….but instead of setting up a stand, or stalking him…..issue him a summons to appear at my house for property damage and theft (eating my blackberries). When he appears, hold a quick trial and sentence him to my freezer in IQF packages. Would beat chasing him 10 miles.

There's only so many ways to skin any cat and unless you want to start over with a clean sheet original case everyone is just using the same cases tweaked one way or another to come up with something, "original".
Another way to skin a cat is to just call it a new name. I have a Win70 in 7mm Rem Mag. I just call it my 7mm Super Tits.

Or just take proven-existing cartridges and push the shoulder back "to run long VLD bullets", give the barrel a faster twist, and market them as the lastest and greatest long range cartridges. Maybe even slow or stop the manufacturing of said proven-existing cartridges and flood the market with the new "super duper long range" cartridge to sway the consumer even further.

22 Eargesplitten Loudenboomer

Holeeeeee Hell that's funny
True story: I did a spit take with my coffee looking at the post where a 50BMG was necked down 17 and it was called the 17 Incinerator. I got my keyboard and desk cleaned up and then read the next post with 22 Eargesplitten Loudenboomer and did another spit take with my coffee.

Crazy ideas…..🤔
I want to find a big 250 lb whitetail, where his primary bedding area is….but instead of setting up a stand, or stalking him…..issue him a summons to appear at my house for property damage and theft (eating my blackberries). When he appears, hold a quick trial and sentence him to my freezer in IQF packages. Would beat chasing him 10 miles.
I bet the deer "Calls Saul" before he knocks on your door.