The best of the best?

kc

there are many Rifles are of the highst quality from the box, but so few have know idea.
What is your choice and calibre would you vote for?

Me??? I got a shootfull of rifles, but I would go for the Sako .3006 for the hunting I do.

What is your choice of rifle fresh from the box.

For my hunting and for just deer and smaller critters....I already have it. The discontinued Rem 700 SS Mtn Guide in 243. If you mean a current production rifle then I would lean toward a Kimber Montana in 243.

20 + years ago a 340 WM worked for me, maybe a 338 RUM
I understand your thought and tend to agree. It came down to a rifle preference and living with the combo out of the box. Some of the cartridges I like better, don't come in the rifles off the shelf I like. Sitting here thinking about it-I can't recall the last off the shelf rifle I left that way.

I would guess now if I were doing it I'd go with a savage 7mm mag long range rifle. but as it is I have a custom .340wby for everything. I owned a .340accumark for a few years and loved that rifle. 7 mag accumark would work fine for everything i'd think.

there are many Rifles are of the highst quality from the box, but so few have know idea.
What is your choice and calibre would you vote for?

Me??? I got a shootfull of rifles, but I would go for the Sako .3006 for the hunting I do.

What is your choice of rifle fresh from the box.

KC- is your sako a pre-garcia?? does it have a 3.5X10 leup on it with leup dot?? do you shoot 165 grainers with I4350??