Thanks to Carlock and others from the sandbox

IdahoWoodsbummer

alteredRiver.jpg

I think I just figured out how to post a pic on different computers. Figured I would give it a test run.

DSCN0652.jpg

Here is another shot.

By the way, we are just playing around with some British ops guys. Kinda taking a stress break on a river. Getting familiar with some different watercraft. Basically just snapped some "cool guy" shots, purely for entertainment on the day off. Nothing "high speed" or "Ninja". Gotta take pics, if you dont you will regret it later.

For those who care, I have a 2x7 Burris compact on my 14" M4. I keep it on two power and shoot both eyes open. Then when I need to take a longer range shot I just crank her up to 7x. It is not for everyone, but works for me. I guess once a LR rifleman, always a LR rifleman.

The info that some of you guys provided came in handy as some good guys were in a pinch for data for a short time. Logistics thing.

Happy varminting

Idaho

Back long ago, we ran a training exercise into Germany. We staged out of England and spent a couple of days going and coming with the British SAS. I picked up the habit of drinking hard cider and eating curry. Very fond memories of those few days. Very good people.

I see you are so scared sh*tless that you have your flack jacket on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

For a change in diet, you might try concussion grenades. They do a good job on floating up fish. Much better than frags.

If you don't mind me asking who are you working for over their , I assumer your a private contractor.

Is that a company boat or a loner from the Mil. It look similar to the ones the SEAL special boat unit here uses.

JD,
I work for a private military outfit that hires former special operations and a small # of leo's with certain skills. For security reasons I cannot give the company name out over the net.
The smaller rigid hull inflatable is ours. The larger one is British. Their handling skills with these large heavy craft is impressive. They are big but surprisingly agile.

In reference to the flack jacket, My basic kit with vest, plates and equip is 80 pounds. I would be on the bottom of the river in a heartbeat with it on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif, so it stays in the bottom of the boat while out on the water. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Looking forward to taking a break in a couple of months and getting behind my varmint guns.

For now I have to live vicariously through you guys and your pics.

IdahoWoodsbummer

AlteredRiver3.jpg

JD,

Here is a little bigger craft, since you mentioned them. This guy has jets that rotate, you can reverse them so you can stop on a dime. You can also turn them to go sideways, which is a great feature on shallow water and when pulling into and out of tight spots. It is a very manueverable craft for its size.

The guys who operate these were kind enough to let us play. Good guys.

Idaho, you're right about taking plenty of photos. I was in the 1099th Medium Boat Company in RVN, 1969-1970, and wished I had taken a lot more photographs. Also, keep a detailed log, and plan on writing a book about riverine operations in Iraq.......more $$$$ in your account. I'd like to be first in line to get a copy, when you get it published. Take a look at the old guys that were boat jockeys at this website..... <font color="red"> http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/mikeboatsvietnam </font>

Thanks for the pictures Id. That last one looks like my kind of duck boat. Reversing jets and shallow water capabilities and enough room for a stove for coffee and eggs. Now thats what I'm talkin' 'bout. Throw a couple of labs on the front and 6 dozen mallard dekes in the hold and you got a season of short range fun on your hands.

Stay safe bro. Come on home. (bring one of them big boats with ya)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.