Texan...

Budgeteer

I'm looking to get into long range shooting as a way to increase my time on the range and behind a firearm. All of my prior experience has been with handguns and ARs, so this is going to be a learning experience. Plus, it's getting increasingly difficult to find a range in my area that allows one to really work with an AR. Couple that with non-existent ammo and AWB threats, I decided to open up to long range. I'm starting from zero and have no rifle, so this should be fun. I'll be reading a lot and posting little if any.

ETA: Since I don't yet own a suitable rifle, I'm completely open to suggestions. I'm aware of the positive attributes of .308, but that ammo is a little hard to find right now. I'd certainly like to hear other caliber recommendations, especially those for which ammo is now available and should "always" be available.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.