I am on the road to CO, don't have QL with me. Since you got Ba tuned in, could you reset the barrel length to 16-1/2 and see where the velocity would end up.

Nez
The Ba is tuned for my rifle, my primers, my brass, my neck tension, my bullet jump to lands, my particular lot of powder, etc, etc lol

So I could tell you what it would maybe look like if I sawed my barrel down to 16.5", but my data won't be spot on for completely different setup lol. It would be ballpark at best. Maybe useable for safe starting load.

That said, I could take all your specs and give you a more closely accurate start and max load. Then, you can do just like I did and get my three averages of three different charge weights, I can then tweak and calibrate QL to your setup and then give you a good estimated charge weight for an OBT node. I've done that for lots of people and it's helped them all.

The Ba is tuned for my rifle, my primers, my brass, my neck tension, my bullet jump to lands, my particular lot of powder, etc, etc lol

So I could tell you what it would maybe look like if I sawed my barrel down to 16.5", but my data won't be spot on for completely different setup lol. It would be ballpark at best. Maybe useable for safe starting load.

That said, I could take all your specs and give you a more closely accurate start and max load. Then, you can do just like I did and get my three averages of three different charge weights, I can then tweak and calibrate QL to your setup and then give you a good estimated charge weight for an OBT node. I've done that for lots of people and it's helped them all.

I understand how things work with QL and OBT, I've used them extensively since introduction. Just curious on your shooting system what the predicted velocity is.

I understand how things work with QL and OBT, I've used them extensively since introduction. Just curious on your shooting system what the predicted velocity is.
Gotcha. I can look. It'll have to be later though. I'm already in bed for the night lol. I predict around 2750fps though lol. So we'll see how close I am.

Thanks...
Ok, had to get up and go satisfy my own curiosity lol. With only changing the barrel length to 16.5", it says 2736fps. So pretty dang close to my prediction lol. But my prediction was based on my 3000fps and QL estimated me at 2963fps. So I was about 30fps faster, so maybe you'd be closer to 2766fps lol

Ok, had to get up and go satisfy my own curiosity lol. With only changing the barrel length to 16.5", it says 2736fps. So pretty dang close to my prediction lol. But my prediction was based on my 3000fps and QL estimated me at 2963fps. So I was about 30fps faster, so maybe you'd be closer to 2766fps lol

Thanks... nice reference for comparison. Will send my numbers through my suppressed 16-1/2 when I get back in TX. My 135s are getting restless, ready to play

A personal update on our end. I was so impressed with the 135gr in initial testing on the range that I've changed course and set up to run it in my 300 Win Mag in AZ this coming week for Coues deer. I had originally planned to stick with the 153gr, which has been the staple in that gun in prototype and production form, and is the genesis of all Afterburner designs, but the 135gr really fits the application more appropriately for how I'll be hunting mostly due to the application of the firearm itself and my prep with it (or lack thereof) for true long range performance, practice, and confidence. In summary, I plan to keep shots under 500 yards. It's a classic mountain rifle by design, so it pales in comparison to a true dedicated, long range setup for that application. I would consider the gun platform limited to 700 yards or so at its ragged edge with routine practice and drop verification. I'm not there with it in practice at long range, personally. It's a wonderful carry rifle though, trapsing through the canyons, and that's why it's coming with me. Can't shake old hunting habits.

This is the only bullet I've fired under the Pressure Trace II where Re-16 really comes into its own in that particular rifle (that includes a few competitors' bullets as well). That actually surprised me, as I would have thought the lighter bullet to be worse, not better, but I have quite a bit of Re-16, and up until the 135gr, it was somewhat dead to me, at least in this 300 WM. Glad to see a great application for it. I'm running a very sedate load (Barnes factory Vortex pressure equivalent) of 74.0gr for 3458 fps with once-fired Norma brass at roughly 58,300 psi.

In regard to the upcoming hunt, we will accept orders during that time, but will not commence shipping until we get back (middle of November). Should any orders come in this weekend, we will ensure they are packaged and sent out probably Tuesday of next week, but this coming Monday starts our travel west. We will update our website accordingly as well.

For those not yet in the woods, we wish you a great and safe hunt! We are looking forward to ours!

A personal update on our end. I was so impressed with the 135gr in initial testing on the range that I've changed course and set up to run it in my 300 Win Mag in AZ this coming week for Coues deer. I had originally planned to stick with the 153gr, which has been the staple in that gun in prototype and production form, and is the genesis of all Afterburner designs, but the 135gr really fits the application more appropriately for how I'll be hunting mostly due to the application of the firearm itself and my prep with it (or lack thereof) for true long range performance, practice, and confidence. In summary, I plan to keep shots under 500 yards. It's a classic mountain rifle by design, so it pales in comparison to a true dedicated, long range setup for that application. I would consider the gun platform limited to 700 yards or so at its ragged edge with routine practice and drop verification. I'm not there with it in practice at long range, personally. It's a wonderful carry rifle though, trapsing through the canyons, and that's why it's coming with me. Can't shake old hunting habits.

This is the only bullet I've fired under the Pressure Trace II where Re-16 really comes into its own in that particular rifle (that includes a few competitors' bullets as well). That actually surprised me, as I would have thought the lighter bullet to be worse, not better, but I have quite a bit of Re-16, and up until the 135gr, it was somewhat dead to me, at least in this 300 WM. Glad to see a great application for it. I'm running a very sedate load (Barnes factory Vortex pressure equivalent) of 74.0gr for 3458 fps with once-fired Norma brass at roughly 58,300 psi.

In regard to the upcoming hunt, we will accept orders during that time, but will not commence shipping until we get back (middle of November). Should any orders come in this weekend, we will ensure they are packaged and sent out probably Tuesday of next week, but this coming Monday starts our travel west. We will update our website accordingly as well.

For those not yet in the woods, we wish you a great and safe hunt! We are looking forward to ours!
Good luck, Mark!

Good luck on your hunt!
Hope you smash a big one 🤠

We're up in CO. Base Camp, 9500 up

20221028_144816.jpg

20221028_144823.jpg