Teslong borescope question

cohunt

which one to buy? the std version, or the new wi-fi version?

any issues with either one?
looks like the wi-fi version is only for cell phones, not computers --right?
does the std version have a micro usb for connecting to android, or just the std usb jack?

gonna buy one, just kinda hard to tell the differences by reading the "English" descriptions

buy from ebay? amazon? direct from teslong? any drawbacks to to one or the another source?

I see there is also a optional lens kit that has a 50 cal/ 30 cal/ 9mm, and .20 lens kits? are these necessary?

which one to buy? the std version, or the new wi-fi version?

any issues with either one?
looks like the wi-fi version is only for cell phones, not computers --right?
does the std version have a micro usb for connecting to android, or just the std usb jack?

gonna buy one, just kinda hard to tell the differences by reading the "English" descriptions

buy from ebay? amazon? direct from teslong? any drawbacks to to one or the another source?

I see there is also a optional lens kit that has a 50 cal/ 30 cal/ 9mm, and .20 lens kits? are these necessary?
I would suggest the cabled version. That way if you take it to a gun show or shop to inspect used or even new rifles before guying you don't have to worry about creating a hot spot or using the local WiFi. Mine is cabled and I see no big advantage to wireless. Mine is a standard C type connector, also has a USB plug. The one I have only has the one end, from 20 to 338 it works fine. Larger than that it would probably help to have a way to have it centred in the bore better. I can tell you it is far clearer but a little harder to position than the Lyman or Hawkeye Borescope and way easier to take pictures with.

Last edited:
the wi-fi version is its own "hot spot" -- thats how you link it-- you go to your phone wi-fi settings and it has its own setting/wi-fi setting ("scopearound") -- you just connect your phone to that "wi-fi" and it links by using a specific app (wi-fi image)

the wi-fi version has a button on the non-camera end that you just push to take still pics too--seems pretty easy but I was worried about not being able to connect to a computer if you wanted to--most likely due to ase and availability I would use my android phone to view most of the time

I hear the "cord free" wi-fi version is nice as when you turn it there is no need to worry about twisting cords either

Last edited:
"Any kit"....the one I got.... 0120202033.jpg

the wi-fi version is its own "hot spot" -- thats how you link it-- you go to your phone wi-fi settings and it has its own setting/wi-fi setting ("scopearound") -- you just connect your phone to that "wi-fi" and it links by using a specific app (wi-fi image)

the wi-fi version has a button on the non-camera end that you just push to take still pics too--seems pretty easy but I was worried about not being able to connect to a computer if you wanted to--most likely due to ase and availability I would use my android phone to view most of the time

I hear the "cord free" wi-fi version is nice as when you turn it there is no need to worry about twisting cords either

Well it sounds as though they have really improved the WiFi version so in that case I would buy the WIFI version. One thing about Teslong, they stumbled on a market with a great demand for their product and they have been very prompt in improving the scopes with Apple compatibility, different size heads to center it in the bore, better mirrors and upgraded WiFi plus a few others. The improvements in the last 6 months alone are really quite amazing.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.