Does an economy Borescope exist?

300magman

Just like the title says; Is there such a thing as an economy bore scope that is even marginally functional?

I want to find some way of examining my barrel, or at least throat, without spending several hundred dollars.

Can anyone recommend a piece of equipment that will let me do this?

I use my Cannon Power Shot.

howa4Bore.jpg

It is tricky to get the right area in focus but possible.

Just like the title says; Is there such a thing as an economy bore scope that is even marginally functional?

I want to find some way of examining my barrel, or at least throat, without spending several hundred dollars.

Can anyone recommend a piece of equipment that will let me do this?

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2016/01/lyman-borecam-review-by-vince-bottomley/

Sorry, had to quote you to post the link. Quick Reply would not allow any response at this time.

after trying many economy bore scopes the conclusion I have come to is the Lyman is as good as it's going to get for a little bit. I still spent less than a Hawkeye much less a Hawkeye with a camera.

the screen is not so hot but it let me see the gator skin of a worked over 338/378. None of the others show it.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.