Templar actions?

stick man

Has any one had any experience with them? Pros and cons? I'm Looking at a V2, and what I'm getting is that it is a clone of the 700. I'd like to possibly try one on a 6.5 build if I can get some feed back.

The Templar V2 is the version of a Defiance action which is private labeled with a few small changes in it, specifically for GA Precision. It is the Deviant Tactical version from Defiance.

http://defiancemachine.com/deviant-tactical/

The bolt handle is available in two angles, one to match the Remington the other is straighter. The rail and the recoil lug are machined in place, no pins or screws and with the lug the action is just a tad longer than the M700.

I've used several hundred of these actions on tactical and long range builds for the last several years. They are solid and dependable but might be just a touch heavier than some other actions. For tactical and long range builds, it rarely matters about a few ounces. I've even built a couple into F-Class rifles for competition.

Currently, I'm using the Defiance Deviant and Rebel actions both magazine fed and single shot. I've used the Deviant UltraLight with the Sheep cuts for a couple of lightweight hunter builds.

The other actions I like are the ones from Curtis. You will find a lot of discussion here in the forums by doing a search. Nice people to work with, providing a good solid action with bottom metal.

There are literally a dozen or more actions makers in our world today so if you don't find one you like right away, keep looking.

Good Luck with your search!

I highly recommend a defiance deviant. Defiance offers really great options at no extra charge
and really are very great folks to deal with.

On the defiance actions what barrel threads does the action except? I have searched the site and cant find the answer.

The threads are 1-1/16" - 16 tpi (1.062" - 16 tpi) just like the Remington and several others. The tenon length is very consistent.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts