Tekka and acc L.R. bullets

coquitlam

I am just starting to get stuff together to for the first time to reload. I have a Tekka 30.06 that I want to use the l.r. accubond 190 grain. .I have seen in other threads that some people have a hard time to seat to the lands with some calibers on longer bullets with this gun as it is limited by the magazine length. Would the 30.06 have this issue

I would suggest you get an OAL gauge and measure the distance from the bolt face to the lands. It's been my experience that Tikka's have a lot of freebore. For example, my Tikka T3 Lite 300 WSM magazine measures 2.91" but that doesn't get me anywhere close to the lands. When shooting 180 gr Sierra Matchkings loaded to an OAL of 2.90 I'm still jumping them a whopping .170"

But the accuracy is still great so I don't worry about being close to the lands.

My problem with my tikka T3 is the free bore is plenty, but if I go 20 thousands off the lands and grooves with Berger VLD'S, I cant fit the round in the magazine (too long) so my jump is more like 50 thousands. I went back to SMK instead, I will try the Hybrids when I get a chance

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.