Target bullets for hunting too?

Rear shoulder? Please tell me you mean the rearward portion of the front shoulder?

But I have never condoned using .22 bullets on dear. I don't even like the use of 6mm bullets. Myself personally I think it's cruel and inhumane. But we know what opinions are like.
Yes in behind the front shoulder. .22 is fine just think you put an arrow right in the same pocket right.

Yes in behind the front shoulder. .22 is fine just think you put an arrow right in the same pocket right.
Arrows are like medieval torture items lol I think if you shot a deer with a field point, you wouldnt even have enough blood to track. My chosen arrow head was the Tekan-II. It left a hole bigger than .375 could.

Arrows are like medieval torture items lol I think if you shot a deer with a field point, you wouldnt even have enough blood to track. My chosen arrow head was the Tekan-II. It left a hole bigger than .375 could.[ r/QUOTE]
Yes sir I am wanting to load up some 70gr Nos Accbound for my AR she has never left one standing. My 8 yr old daughter got her first with it using 77gr match kingsnorth saying big ain't better not at all

So has anyone else had a 215 hybrid blow up and fail to penetrate a rib cage? Not a shoulder shot but a straight up rib shot.

Here's a pic of the entrance wound on a doe antelope I shot last year at 200 yards. .300 Win Mag, MV 2950 FPS. She did not die and had to be shot in the head. Bullet did not exit.
View attachment 139048

And thats why I just cant bring myself to hunt with target bullets.... I know MANY of you have done very well (probably better than I ever will) with them but I work too hard for the chance to go west hunting and if I see a elk, deer, bear @ 50, 100 yrds I wanna know my bullet wont blow on impact cause Im too close, now the trade off is I wont get good expansion at far distances but, I would feel a whole lot better walking towards game, than trying to sneak away to get a good shot... to each, there own i guess..........

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.