Talk to me about Wildcats

Guys this thread was started by the OP to discuss widcats. It wasn't started to argue about 50cals, snipers, and who can pee the furthest. If you want to talk about that take it to your own thread or in the PMs. Don't blow up this thread with nonsense. There's WAY too much of this crap happening in threads lately and most of us are guilty for it.

I just talked to Rob Furlong in Edmonton. I stand corrected. The TAC 50 he used at 2430 yds. is a 3 shot and he used all of them for his kill
Just call him a 1-587-990-xxxx if you still doubt me

Wow you really don't get it do you. First off this is an open mic and you just published a known combatant's phone number on a open mic. You HAVE NOT done your countryman a service here.

I can tell you one thing you approached my Nephew and told him you could do his job as a Sniper theres only one reason you would be picking your arrogant *** off the ground is because of him showing you respect for your age.
I SUGGEST YOU SHOW YOUR FELLOW CANADIEN SNIPERS THE SAME AS WELL AS ALL WHO SERVED AND SHUT YOUR ARROGANT MOUTH!
I concur 100% but I have a feeling he is not as ignorant as he leads us to believe and the only reason he is here is stir hate and discontent, whether or not he was or was not in the Military he has disgraced himself ( and or the organization he was attached too)regardless

Guys this thread was started by the OP to discuss widcats. It wasn't started to argue about 50cals, snipers, and who can pee the furthest. If you want to talk about that take it to your own thread or in the PMs. Don't blow up this thread with nonsense. There's WAY too much of this crap happening in threads lately and most of us are guilty for it.
We have already apologized to the OP and he said "Carry On" and the Needmoor does not pertain to this conversation with it's ballistic superiority,....................... As You Were

We have already apologized to the OP and he said "Carry On" and the Needmoor does not pertain to this conversation with it's ballistic superiority,....................... As You Were
Seriously? You want to talk about Mud and talk about how bad the forums are, and here you are dragging more junk into this dude's thread. You continue to feed the fire with this guy instead of walking away. No one brought up the Creedmoor so not sure where that came from? If you can't post anything constructive than don't post at all. I'm out.

Seriously? You want to talk about Mud and talk about how bad the forums are, and here you are dragging more junk into this dude's thread. You continue to feed the fire with this guy instead of walking away. No one brought up the Creedmoor so not sure where that came from? If you can't post anything constructive than don't post at all. I'm out.
See Ya.gif

I'm looking to start working on my first wildcat. I've been reloading for about 10 years now so I have quite a bit of experience there. I've just never done a wildcat. Any advice on what I should look out for and potential dangers that differ from loading a standard SAAMI spec case? My game plan is to make a 25 wssm ackley with 40* shoulders shooting the 133 Berger's. I've heard the Winchester brass is pretty thick, I know I'll have to turn the necks. I've gotten pretty good at reading pressure signs so I'm not to worried about working up a load when my brass is fully preped. I've also never had to fireform anything. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Im not gonna read thru all the soap opera episodes above. Sounds like an interesting project. The 25 wssm is a screamer now and I don't think you would gain too much by the ackley improvement as it already has min body taper and 30º shoulder. Just keep in mind that dies are more expensive, no data out there but you could work up to it. Case forming is another step in the process. Minimal case stretch is a bonus. I think Feenix said its addicting and it is. I've done 20 Vartarg, 243 AI, 250 AI, 257 AI, 7x57 AI, 280 AI and love them all. I may try a 25x284 in the future as I like the 1/4 bore and the 284 is an amazingly accurate round. My 257 AI is very accurate and just a really sharp looking cartridge. It has never failed to drop what it was fired at. Keep us posted on what you decide.

Im not gonna read thru all the soap opera episodes above. Sounds like an interesting project. The 25 wssm is a screamer now and I don't think you would gain too much by the ackley improvement as it already has min body taper and 30º shoulder. Just keep in mind that dies are more expensive, no data out there but you could work up to it. Case forming is another step in the process. Minimal case stretch is a bonus. I think Feenix said its addicting and it is. I've done 20 Vartarg, 243 AI, 250 AI, 257 AI, 7x57 AI, 280 AI and love them all. I may try a 25x284 in the future as I like the 1/4 bore and the 284 is an amazingly accurate round. My 257 AI is very accurate and just a really sharp looking cartridge. It has never failed to drop what it was fired at. Keep us posted on what you decide.
I did a 243AI as well and didn't see much gain, Did You? and I will 3rd the addicting part of the equation

I've been wondering how much i would gain by doing this as well. I don't have a great explanation on why I wanna do it but I do and I have full intention on giving it a shot. I've always wanted to build some type of ackley and I love the short fat cases (saum, wsm, the Sherman line, etc). This way I can combine both and satisfy my curiosity

I've been wondering how much i would gain by doing this as well. I don't have a great explanation on why I wanna do it but I do and I have full intention on giving it a shot. I've always wanted to build some type of ackley and I love the short fat cases (saum, wsm, the Sherman line, etc). This way I can combine both and satisfy my curiosity
You'll never know if you don't give it a go