Tactical-Store.com = OpticsPlanet.com

Eaglet

Please, has anyone had any good or bad experiences with Tactical-Store.com which is OpticsPlanet.com? I placed an order at Tactical-Store.com for just under 40 Dollars, days later when I called to find out what's going on with my order I find out I'm talking to people from Optics Planet. Today, after two month of waiting for my order, I finally canceled it and asked for a refund; I was told that it had not been charged to my card, that they only charge it when they ship it. I start looking into it and find out that it was paid using Pay-Pal and they had already been paid off. I called them back, this time I spoke with a woman and after explaining she tells me that within 24 to 48 hours they would refund to Pay-Pal.
About a month ago I explained it would be nice letting the costumer know if they did not have the product in stock and I was told they don't do that and if you want to know about the product you're ordering you have to call them and ask them.
I would like to know what kind of experience members from this website have had with them. I had ordered two Pelican Plastic boxes not some custom action.

I ordered two Bianchi holsters from OpticsPlanet earleir this summer. They showed in stock when I ordered, but found out days later they never shipped because they were really out of stock. I got a few emails saying my order status had changed, but still nothing shipped. Finally got one holster after about three weeks and the other two weeks later. The products were good, first line products, but shipping and customer service was poor. I would not buy from them again, even though the prices were very good.

I don't like the fact that there website doesn't show if an item is in stock or not. I placed an order and received an email the same day telling me it was out of stock though. When I cancelled the order they did refund my paypal account within 48 hours. I'm giving them another try because 30mm Burris Sig Rings have been hard to find and they have them in stock. I ordered from them off ebay this time which shows stock on hand.

I'll vouch for tactical-store. I had great experiences with them when I first ordered some bianchi holsters in 2006, and kept ordering their products through 2007, although there was one time when something was out of stock and not indicated on the website. Yeah, this can be annoying, but I called the store and got the matter straightened out real fast. Other than that, I've been consistently happy with tactical-store and opticsplanet too, especially with their very low prices and free shipping.
Oh, and the first time I ordered from tactical-store.com, I was also surprised that it was opticsplanet.com. You have to click the policies page and scroll down to find out.

I ordered a scope and a rangefinder from tacticalstore.com earlier this year and was very happy with the service.

I ordered a few mag holsters and got the message that they would ship one in 1 to 10 days and the others in 1 to 2 weeks. That would have been fine accept for the fact that they didn't have any of them in stock, which by the way, they don't tell you until you email them to ask about the order. Then I got the backordered status and a date which turned out to be wrong again. I finally got them today at the 6 week mark. They did give me 5% off my order which is lame for having to deal with the bullS$it!! Their status as to if something is actually in stock is crap and then the customer service sucks!! I will never order from there again. PERIOD!!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.