Tactical Sniper

Lyons7STW

I need to vent
Is anyone besides me frustrated by the over use of the words "Tactical" and "Sniper" these days.
A big part of this I thimk is marketting hype. Seems like if you paint something black and call it tactial you automatically get to charge extra... a lot extra!!
And I have gotten to where I cringe every time I hear Sniper.
Tactical by definition is nothing more than having a plan to achoeve a goal.
And thrre is very little glamour in waiting for an undetermined amount of time in heat or cold rain or snow to take a shot. You have to limit movement to avoid detection but you get cramps and need to relieve yourself... you get hungry and thirsty, your eyes get tired of squinting through optics. And the stress eats at you. Not for those with a weak constitution.
And a ghillie suit is heavy and snags on every thing...
JUST SAYIN
BTW my od green socks were in the wash, sorry

Last edited:
I saw a "tactical" pen for sale a few days ago.

Last edited:
I don't care for the way sniper is used by most of the media for political purposes. Tactical seems more a marketing fad that will run it's course, and in the meantime it's keeping interest in the shooting sports in the public eye.

My gun room has gotten to the point that if a news reporter walked in, I'm afraid they would think I was planning to hide in a clock tower somewhere and tactically snipe people off! I live in a fairly upscale high rise, so I feel a little akward riding an elevator next to some half plastic socialite with a couple of drag bags in my hands, and looking like I should be hiding in the woods somewhere. Look, lady, I'm just going to shoot at a paper terrorist....

I need to vent
Is anyone besides me frustrated by the over use of the words "Tactical" and "Sniper" these days.

Yes, but even more so with the word "EXTREME!". Everything is extreme now a days, there is an Xtreme taxidermy and also an Xtreme transmissions repair in the area where I live. What is so extreme about it? Do ya do it naked? Wouldn't that be considered a perversion or a fetish?

And I have gotten to where I cringe every time I hear Sniper.

AS IT SHOULD BE!!!:D

And thrre is very little glamour in waiting for an undetermined amount of time in heat or cold rain or snow to take a shot. You have to limit movement to avoid detection but you get cramps and need to relieve yourself... you get hungry and thirsty, your
eyes get tired of squinting through optics. And the stress eats at you.

Some call this hunting season!
Maybe we should call it "EXTREME" hunting. :D:D:D

I guess I can contribute. Every time I mention I enjoy longrange shooting to someone, the next few words out of their mouth is sniper. Big difference people.......

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.