TAC data for .350 Rem Mag

selmerfan

I picked up a pound of TAC for testing in my .350 Rem Mag XP-100 center grip pistol. (No, the recoil isn't as ridiculous as you would assume). Accurate doesn't include TAC in the .350 RM data online, but searches yield that TAC is a good powder for it. Does anyone have published data for 180 gr Sierra/Hornady SSP and/or Hornady Interlock 200 gr bullets? I would appreciate your sharing it if you do. Thanks!
selmerfan

I use 61gr of TAC under a 225 Barnes and get 2775fps out of a 20" rifle also I get better groups and es out of standard primers.

Sounds like a lot of fun and a pistol one of my favorite cartridges I have two rifles in it and they are definitely cool. It is very surprising how some of the rounds like this are not bad in a pistol a friend of mine had a pistol in 375 H&H and I should have bought it when he sold it but it was more of a shove than a snap.

I'm a huge fan of the 350 Rem Mag. I've also heard good news about Tac in it, but have yet to try it. I managed to find a pound locally, but there was no time to try load development before hunting season.

Is your XP100 the factory offering version? I missed out on a chance to buy one years ago. It is still on my someday list!

I'm a huge fan of the 350 Rem Mag. I've also heard good news about Tac in it, but have yet to try it. I managed to find a pound locally, but there was no time to try load development before hunting season.

Is your XP100 the factory offering version? I missed out on a chance to buy one years ago. It is still on my someday list!
I don't believe so. I've sent Ernie photos and he says it's a full custom job. The barrel certainly isn't. It's a serious bull barrel.

Sounds like a lot of fun and a pistol one of my favorite cartridges I have two rifles in it and they are definitely cool. It is very surprising how some of the rounds like this are not bad in a pistol a friend of mine had a pistol in 375 H&H and I should have bought it when he sold it but it was more of a shove than a snap.
That's a great description. A shove that rolls up. Not the snap of something like a .454 Casull in an Encore with a 12" barrel...

My 454 Encore has destroyed 2 scopes it has a nasty kick!
I had one for several years - my second single shot pistol. I topped it with a 4x Leupold EER and it held up to everything I sent down the barrel, including max loads with 320 and 370 gr. bullets. The loudest bullet slap I've ever heard was on a whitetail doe with that 370 gr. Applegate bullet at 75 yards. It was shaped mostly like a soup can and it was like Mike Tyson hitting a heavy bag.

Recent Posts